[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's Discuss Brandon Jones (TENN WR)

DeezNuts

Not sure which forum this belongs in, just wanted to get some accurate feedback on this guy. He was only targeted 3 times in week 1 but many believe he may be the best WR in Tenn. I believe Drew Bennett evolved last year more from the "no one else to really to throw to" theory rather than from raw talent... 30% of his 80 receptions game in two games... any thoughts on Brandon Jones? Thanks

The Titan WR situation is really in a state of flux. Derrick Mason was released in the salary cap purge this off season. That left drew bennett, a former undrafted free agent and former quarterback, as the #1 wr. Tyrone Calico, the highly touted and oft injured wideout out of MTSU, was designated as the clear #2. In the draft the Titans took 3 wideouts in the in the 3rd round: Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby, and Roydell Williams(not in that order). All 3 wideouts showed promise in the pre-season and Fisher has been effusive with his praise of them and their readiness to step in at this level.

That said, Jones is the best of the 3 so far in my opinion. Roby has also made plays. Jones seems to hold the most promise and I like him long term. As for this year, Bennett remains the undisputed #1 wr. I am not convinced at all that he is a #1 in this league, but he is the best the Titans have right now. Calico has been a bitter disappointment to me. He has been injured alot. And this preseason and last Sunday, just doesnt seem to be able to get any seperation at all. He is big and strong and fast and just doesnt make plays. His ineffectiveness will open the door for these rookies to show what they can do, especially as this ~5 win season goes along. The Titans will have to throw alot to play catch up since their defense will give up alot of points. All that said, Jones value is not that great really.

So, in dynasty leagues, Jones aint a bad pickup. In Re-drafts, his value is not that high because he is a rookie and his chances will be hit of miss.