[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Green Bay Homers

devilwoman

After talking with my sister:

Favre is still going through family troubles as they were hit by Katrina.

But with the nature of this game, home opener, plus Reggie White day, it sounds like a good opportunity for him to rebound and get fired up for this game.

From the Journal

Green Bay - As recovery efforts continued along the Gulf Coast in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Brett Favre's 12-year-old nephew Dylan hung around the Green Bay Packers practice field and in the locker room on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Packers quarterback has a few family members living with him in Green Bay temporarily, but on Thursday said he had not let the devastation of Katrina affect his work on the field.

In Kiln, Miss., Favre's brother Scott and other family members are living in a camper as they plan to rebuild their houses. That, Favre said, was the hardest part: wanting to get everyone settled into rebuilt houses with power as soon as possible, yet knowing it could take months to do so.

"It's only as much of a distraction as you let it be," he said. "At no time in my career have I ever used off-the-field tragedies or circumstances as an excuse for my play and I'm not going to this time."

Favre said his whole family would be in Green Bay for his annual fund-raising dinner tonight and would remain for the Packers' home opener Sunday against Cleveland.

His foundation is also helping to raise money for Katrina victims.

"It's an awful situation," Favre said. "The one thing about it I will say, there's been an overwhelming response not only toward my family and friends, outpouring and caring and gift-giving, donations, but really for everyone."