[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whats up Shananigan's sleeve in Week 3?

Wolv

You can only settle on one RB if you have one that can carry the load. Dayne coming in on fresh legs in the 4th quarter and breaking off a couple of nice runs is nothing to get excited about. This is going to be a 3 headed RBBC. :doah:

1002070[/snapback]

isn't this what we were saying this time last year and in 2002?....

I don't see in any way a 3 headed monster. First off take Bell out. He had zero carries yesterday and in the past 1 + seasons has been beaten out by Q a scatter back, Droughns a FB, Anderson hurt all last year, and Dayne no comment necessary. It is clear Bell will not get it done and won't be a factor for at least the near future.

As for Anderson and Dayne that is anyone's guess but I say Anderson starts but Dayne gets carries also and whichever one is more effective gets the most carries and the carries late as well. What I saw from yesterday was Dayne had as many yards as Anderson in half the carries. Dayne carried late when the game was on the line. Anderson fumbled TWICE. And on 4 and 1 late in the game where getting stopped meant OT they trusted Dayne with the ball and he got 10 yards. Add it up and he'll get touches next week. Anderson should start but Dayne will get the ball also unless Anderson is doing great. Plus look at Anderson's #'s has he been that good?

I don't see in any way a 3 headed monster. First off take Bell out. He had zero carries yesterday and in the past 1 + seasons has been beaten out by Q a scatter back, Droughns a FB, Anderson hurt all last year, and Dayne no comment necessary. It is clear Bell will not get it done and won't be a factor for at least the near future.

As for Anderson and Dayne that is anyone's guess but I say Anderson starts but Dayne gets carries also and whichever one is more effective gets the most carries and the carries late as well. What I saw from yesterday was Dayne had as many yards as Anderson in half the carries. Dayne carried late when the game was on the line. Anderson fumbled TWICE. And on 4 and 1 late in the game where getting stopped meant OT they trusted Dayne with the ball and he got 10 yards. Add it up and he'll get touches next week. Anderson should start but Dayne will get the ball also unless Anderson is doing great. Plus look at Anderson's #'s has he been that good?

1002095[/snapback]

How could a guy whose name is giantsfan have any confidence whatsoever in Ron Dayne's ability to carry the load :D:D:D:D:D:D :doah: :D

How could a guy whose name is giantsfan have any confidence whatsoever in Ron Dayne's ability to carry the load :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :doah:  :D

1002116[/snapback]

Did I say I did in there? I have zero confidence in Dayne but I also know Denver turns middle of the road RB's and FB's into 1000 yard rushers so maybe they can do it for Dayne also. What I do know is Bell is a zero to me right now and personally not only do I not see Anderson lasting all year I just don't think he's that good as evidenced by his YPC and fumbles and already hurting. Will Dayne step up when given the chance? I still question that big time, but he will get a shot at some point that I believe 100%.

bell was hurt early in the game on a kickoff return. so you can't rule him out yet. anderson's rib injury was acting up late in the game, which is why dayne came in. but dayne did look great in the 4th quarter (and all through camp and preseason), so i wouldn't be too surprised to see him get a few more carries next week. the situation is very much in a state of flux right now, but i still expect a clear leader to emerge at some point during the first half of the season.

Did I say I did in there? I have zero confidence in Dayne but I also know Denver turns middle of the road RB's and FB's into 1000 yard rushers so maybe they can do it for Dayne also. What I do know is Bell is a zero to me right now and personally not only do I not see Anderson lasting all year I just don't think he's that good as evidenced by his YPC and fumbles and already hurting. Will Dayne step up when given the chance? I still question that big time, but he will get a shot at some point that I believe 100%.

1002125[/snapback]

Dayne has had 20 rushing attempts 1 time in the last 5 years. There is no way he could shoulder the load in a rushing attack. Thankfully I have none of the Bronco backs.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Dayne has had 20 rushing attempts 1 time in the last 5 years. There is no way he could shoulder the load in a rushing attack. Thank I have none of the Bronco backs.

1002175[/snapback]

just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't....

after all I've seen so far this season, I don't rule anything out...

AND IT'S ONLY WEEK 2...

I haven't seen anything about Bell being hurt, not saying you are wrong but I haven't seen even one thing said about that. I think he was just passed over. As for Anderson Dayne, Anderson has a 2.8 YPC avg and was at 3.3 yesterday and has lost 2 fumbles. Meanwhile Dayne was at 5.5 and looked great in pre-season like you said. That to me adds up to Dayne getting some carries for sure this week v KC.

Edited by giantsfan

Or from what we've seen last season.

Droughns? Who woulda guessed THAT move?

1002194[/snapback]

exactly....everyone was screaming TATUM BELL....while i was whispering reuben droughns[/size=1] after Q blew his knee out....

I hope I'm right again...even though I only have Anderson and CAN acquire dayne...but I don't want to do anything hasty...

exactly....everyone was screaming TATUM BELL....while i was whispering reuben droughns[/size=1] after Q blew his knee out....

I hope I'm right again...even though I only have Anderson and CAN acquire dayne...but I don't want to do anything hasty...

1002201[/snapback]

If I were you, and you seem to think like I do that Dayne will at least get a chance, I'd pick him up now. I did yesterday right after his 10 yard run on 4th and 1.

In reality is Droughns any different than Dayne? At least Dayne is a HB and lets not forget is the all-time leading rusher in NCAA history so he does have some ability.

1002203[/snapback]

Droughns was a HB in college and was drafted as one. All that mileage in college is what prevented Dayne from developing into an effective NFL starter at his position.

Droughns was a HB in college and was drafted as one. All that mileage in college is what prevented Dayne from developing into an effective NFL starter at his position.

1002212[/snapback]

I am well aware of what Droughns was and did in college at Oregon. But in the NFL he has been a FB the last few years and look what Denver did for him. Look Dayne could suck and that wouldn't surprise me even ONE drop, but you can not sit here and tell me that he hasn't looked impressive thus far and that he won't get a shot to get some carries soon. With that being said lets see what he can do. Again if he sucks I will not be surprised at all. But with the Denver system I'll take that chance.

If I were you, and you seem to think like I do that Dayne will at least get a chance, I'd pick him up now. I did yesterday right after his 10 yard run on 4th and 1.

1002210[/snapback]

yea...I'll have to make a trade...he was drafted :D

I'm trying to make a package deal involving me getting R Moss since I am ehh at WR and have 4 quality RB's....supposedly...

I'd like to dump Edge....but he's worth more than R Moss and Dayne....

plus I'd have Collins, Jordan and Moss....which would make me feel like Clevelands secondary before having to cover CJ.... :D

yea...I'll have to make a trade...he was drafted :D

I'm trying to make a package deal involving me getting R Moss since I am ehh at WR and have 4 quality RB's....supposedly...

I'd like to dump Edge....but he's worth more than R Moss and Dayne....

plus I'd have Collins, Jordan and Moss....which would make me feel like Clevelands secondary before having to cover CJ.... :D

1002224[/snapback]

He was drafted huh? He wasn't in my 12 teamer. Even though the Raiders will score having Collins, Jordan, and Moss is a bit much.

I am well aware of what Droughns was and did in college at Oregon. But in the NFL he has been a FB the last few years and look what Denver did for him. Look Dayne could suck and that wouldn't surprise me even ONE drop, but you can not sit here and tell me that he hasn't looked impressive thus far and that he won't get a shot to get some carries soon. With that being said lets see what he can do. Again if he sucks I will not be surprised at all. But with the Denver system I'll take that chance.

1002221[/snapback]

A shot at some carries :D He's already gotten "some" carries in yesterdays game. The question is can he carry the load, unless your happy with what he produced yesterday.

I mean he's got a shot at some carries and from that comes 20 carries if he does well. We shall see what happens because going back and forth isn't going to solve anything. If he does well next week v KC I can see him becoming the guy by week 4 or 5. But I can also see him doing nothing vs KC and getting no carries after that. It is certainly a question mark at this point but at least he will get a shot I believe.

Edited by giantsfan

Dayne has had 20 rushing attempts 1 time in the last 5 years. There is no way he could shoulder the load in a rushing attack.

1002175[/snapback]

doesn't he hold the record for carries in a 4-year collegiate career? to say he "can't shoulder the load" like it's some sort of proven fact is sheer idiocy.