[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whats up Shananigan's sleeve in Week 3?

Wolv

Folk keep on saying that he had a lot of carries in college which did not leave much on the tires for a pro career. Since joining the pros, he has had relatively few carries. Wouldn't this all average out to the amount of carries and wear that a normal back of his years would have?

Folk keep on saying that he had a lot of carries in college which did not leave much on the tires for a pro career.  Since joining the pros, he has had relatively few carries. 

1002421[/snapback]

that's because he's been a friggin backup. he hasn't been a backup because he "can't shoulder the load" or because he "didn't have enough left in the tank"....he's been a backup because tiki barber was a much better back than him in the giants offense. god dayyum people can be stupid :D

I had said this in an earlier post. Denver has had a different 1,000yd rusher each year since Terrell Davis. Why not Dayne. I pickup him last week as a 5th RB just in case. He has really been used is what 5yrs. Isn't there another back that everyone use to talk about that was barely used in his 20's and when he hit his 30's and got on the right team exploded? What was his name? Doesn't he go by Priest?

Now I am not saying that Dayne is the new Priest but you can't say that he doesn't have at least a chance to having a good year either. This also could be the year that Denver doesn't produce a 1,000yd rusher too.

But I do think Dayne is worth a flier more than Bell who was drafted in alot of leagues where Dayne wasn't.

Didn't Philly try to trade for Dayne and Den flat-out refused? I think that says a lot about how Den feels about him.

And I don't get all this negativity toward Dayne regarding FF. I mean he is exactly the kind of player who can help you win an FF championship if he becomes the starter. People got him for nothing so if he doesn't become the #1 so what? If he does, you got a starter for nothing.... it's groovy baby.

I haven't seen anything about Bell being hurt, not saying you are wrong but I haven't seen even one thing said about that. I think he was just passed over. As for Anderson Dayne, Anderson has a 2.8 YPC avg and was at 3.3 yesterday and has lost 2 fumbles. Meanwhile Dayne was at 5.5 and looked great in pre-season like you said. That to me adds up to Dayne getting some carries for sure this week v KC.

1002188[/snapback]

Bell was NOT passed over. He was hurt early in the game on a kickoff return. :D

I haven't seen anything about Bell being hurt, not saying you are wrong but I haven't seen even one thing said about that. I think he was just passed over. As for Anderson Dayne, Anderson has a 2.8 YPC avg and was at 3.3 yesterday and has lost 2 fumbles. Meanwhile Dayne was at 5.5 and looked great in pre-season like you said. That to me adds up to Dayne getting some carries for sure this week v KC.

1002188[/snapback]

I guess Dayne got some carries: 3 for a whopping 6 yards. NICE! :D

And I also said this week would go a long way in determining whom their RB would be. No skin off my back I have and started Anderson last night anyway. Dayne did not look good and I think his window, yes it was 1 game, may be closed. After last week I think he had a chance to show something last night but Anderson had that 1 run, Bell looked good, and Dayne was whatever so that may have been his shot. Issue with Dayne is he is similar to Anderson so what's the point. That's where Bell has an advantage in that he is very different from the other 2. It is funny because this thing keeps on changing. I am lucky in that I have all 3, but Edge and Portis are my starting RB's so if one takes over great, and if not it doesn't kill me because they don't start anyway. I will say this though to me Anderson wasn't that great last night. Other then his 1 long run he was under 3 YPC the rest of the game.

Still - this doesn't look good for Anderson:

1st and 3 at KC 3 (10:39) M.Anderson right guard to KC 2 for 1 yard (E.Hicks).

2nd and 2 at KC 2 (9:58) M.Anderson left end to KC 1 for 1 yard (G.Wesley).

3rd and 1 at KC 1 (9:20) M.Anderson up the middle to KC 1 for no gain (J.Siavii).

I'd say there are still some more Shananigans yet to come...

Still - this doesn't look good for Anderson:

1st and 3 at KC 3 (10:39) M.Anderson right guard to KC 2 for 1 yard (E.Hicks).   

2nd and 2 at KC 2 (9:58) M.Anderson left end to KC 1 for 1 yard (G.Wesley).   

3rd and 1 at KC 1 (9:20) M.Anderson up the middle to KC 1 for no gain (J.Siavii).

I'd say there are still some more Shananigans yet to come...

1024211[/snapback]

I agree. Look at my post in the other thread. I said exactly that.