[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 3 RB picks

Avernus

Michael Bennett - expect the Vikings to commit to one RB this week and try to get him into a rhythm in the air and on the ground with runs to the outside and dumpoffs...not Moore...but, Bennett...as they try to up the trade value of him to the cardinals..or prove that he's not worth moving afterall.....when you hear your name in trade talks, it tends to up the intensity...

Lee suggs - I expect him to provide a change of pace in the 2nd quarter and help the Browns ground game and give the Colts some fits early on....I don't think this will be the all out shootout that everyone thinks it will be as the Browns will have the scheme ready to almost contain the Colts passing game but be unable to stop Edgerrin james....as well as the Colts D...being unable to slow down a healthy Suggs...

LaMont Jordan - funny thing I realized that the stat books don't tell you......Eagles have trouble with AFC teams...I don't know if Collins will have a very good day, but Jordan will be able to run successfully...the Eagles run D is still suspect as it appears patterson is missing his gaps as Simon has done in the past....

Nice posts! I love reading others opinions. I have to disagree on the Bennett though. I do not think they will use him to "UP" his trade value. If they are inclined to trade him then he will ride pine. They will want their other RBs to get the time and experience in the offense. However, if they do not plan to trade him then I can see him getting alot of attention.

Great posts!

The Vikes are going to be desperate for a win this weekend. They must win. If Bennett screws up, he's outta there! Moore had a great game against the Saints last year. I'd like his chances to play in the game. It's a home game and most of the fans like Moore. If he doesn't play and Bennett gets stuffed time after time, the home crowd is going to get nasty.

I am thinking the same with the exception of Suggs, has any official word been released out of Cleveland that would suggest he plays?

1013709[/snapback]

Here is an article off of ClevelandBrowns.com ... sounds like Suggs says he is ready and it is just a matter of him being cleared to play. He practiced before the GB game but Romeo didn't think he was ready yet. So it sounds like a good possibility he will be ready but I would be surprised if he takes a full load on his first start back, if he starts.

Suggs, Roye ready to go

By Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

September 22, 2005

Orpheus Roye and Lee Suggs practiced Thursday and both say they'll be ready to play Sunday when the Browns visit Indianapolis.

Whether Suggs is cleared to play - and if he does, what his role will be - remains unknown.

Suggs returned to practice last week for the first time in four weeks due to a high ankle sprain. He went through three full days of practice but Browns coach Romeo Crennel said he wasn't ready to play in last Sunday's game at Green Bay.

Crennel said Thursday the team is exploring its kickoff return man options this week and said the Browns could use any of their three running backs - Suggs, Reuben Droughns and William Green.

Top kick returner Joshua Cribbs was injured in Week One, and fellow rookie Antonio Perkins returned kickoffs last week. Droughns has started both games at running back and returned kicks against Cincinnati when Cribbs went down.

"I'm looking to do anything I can to get on the field and help the team," Suggs said. "I think I'm ready to go."

The Browns have other special teams question marks this week as three of the team's most valuable special teams players - Mason Unck, Leigh Bodden and Corey McIntyre - are also questionable due to injury.

Unck and Bodden returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday. McIntyre missed practice again due to a hamstring injury that knocked him out of last week's game.

Aaron Shea also returned to practice Thursday. He's been out since Sept. 1 with a strained muscle in his shoulder.

Roye sat out a portion of the team practice but said he fully expects to be in the starting lineup Sunday. The Browns need Roye's presence and playmaking ability up front to have a chance to slow the Colts' offense.

Roye also rested his sore knee for one day last week. He had 8 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in Green Bay.