[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver D-Line aka Brown D-Line... What the ?

DeezNuts

Being a Browns fan I am at a complete loss for words and logic. After watching Denver continuesly stuff KC on Monday night I can not understand how the treo of Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, and Ebenezer Ekuban all former Browns from last year have been so impressive but they were all part of one of the worst defenses last year... can this be attributed to a new defensive scheme?

These guys look great and I don't even remmebr who we got in the trade? Although I know Crennel came in and wanted to clean house so to speak, it makes me wonder if a defensive minded coach (Crennel) could have elevated the play of these three to the same level. Just curious if anyone else had any thought son this?

Edited by DeezNuts

These guys look great and I don't even remmebr who we got in the trade?

1030127[/snapback]

Ruben Droughns is who the Browns got in the trade, along with tons & tons of cap space. When the Browns traded some of the guys, part of the trade included a stipulation that the Browns were completely off the hook contract wise to the traded players.

These guys definitely look good against KC. But as Pryce in the post game interview said, once KC was in a catch up mode and going to the pass, they just pinned their ears back and rushed the QB all the time. Shanny has stockpiled great depth on the Denver D'line is rotating them extremely well, always ensuring the guys are fresh. No tired legs on that D'line in the 4th quarter for the Broncos. I think he's starting to figure out how to use them effectively and depending on the game situation, they're performing well.

But you have to take it all in perspective. This same D'line didn't look so great against that vaunted Miami Dolphins O'line, when Denver was playing from behind, did it?

... But you have to take it all in perspective. This same D'line didn't look so great against that vaunted Miami Dolphins O'line, when Denver was playing from behind, did it?....

1030282[/snapback]

Agreed, however to assume that will happen again is a scientific leap that you have absolutely no data with which to support yourself or your claim.

Denver's D is for real, and with the aforementioned Browns as well as Trevor Pryce, Al Wilson, and the amazing Ian Gold, they will show up each and every week from here on out.

With the schedule the Broncos have, it will be close the entire season. However, I am very confident that a loss will not be laid at the feet of the Defense.

Champ Bailey, John Lynch......blah blah blah blah

Agreed, however to assume that will happen again is a scientific leap that you have absolutely no data with which to support yourself or your claim.

1030689[/snapback]

Agreed, however to assume that will NOT happen again is a scientific leap that you have absolutely no data with which to support yourself or your claim.

To be honest Turf Smurf, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, as I didn't "claim" anything.

I did say

But you have to take it all in perspective.

1030282[/snapback]

Key word of the day is "perspective".

Webster's II

New College Dictionary

Perspective

5. Subjective evaluation of relative signifigance

Ok, maybe I just read more into your comments then what was really there. I was just trying to provide some homer insight at your expense. However, what you did do was imply that Denver's D performance against KC might be a fluke. I was simply saying you were not on solid ground saying (sorry, implying) that.

Agreed, however to assume that will NOT happen again is a scientific leap that you have absolutely no data with which to support yourself or your claim.

Yup, other then a preponderance of the evidence (2 out of 3 games so far). :D

To be honest Turf Smurf, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, as I didn't "claim" anything.

I did say

Key word of the day is "perspective".

Webster's II

New College Dictionary

Perspective

5. Subjective evaluation of relative signifigance

1030773[/snapback]

Yup, this makes sense since according to The American Heritage College Dictionary "subjective" means:

Proceeding from or taking place within a person's mind such as to be unaffected by the external world.

and

Existing only in the mind; illusory.

also

Of, relating to, or being a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.

:doah:

God, just shoot me now!!! :D

However, what you did do was imply that Denver's D performance against KC might be a fluke.

1030957[/snapback]

:D With the above sentence, you're still doing this;
Ok, maybe I just read more into your comments then what was really there.

1030957[/snapback]

Again, all I was suggesting is to keep the Denver D'Lines dominating performance against KC in perspective. Never said or meant to imply that it was a fluke performance on their part. Of course the flip side is, I never said or meant to imply that it was a fluke performance on their part in the Miami game either.

Perspective baby! Gotta keep it all in perspective :D

But you have to take it all in perspective. This same D'line didn't look so great against that vaunted Miami Dolphins O'line, when Denver was playing from behind, did it?

1030282[/snapback]

they didn't look great in the 4th quarter, after 3+ quarters of the first game of the year in 100+ degree heat and humidity when the broncos' offense couldnt stay on the field for more than 3 plays. before that, they looked pretty dam good.

so, yeah, you have to put it all in perspective.

they didn't look great in the 4th quarter, after 3+ quarters of the first game of the year in 100+ degree heat and humidity when the broncos' offense couldnt stay on the field for more than 3 plays.  before that, they looked pretty dam good. 

so, yeah, you have to put it all in perspective.

1031119[/snapback]

Agreed.

By the same token, with an insurmountable lead against KC, except through the air, they looked great.

Seems to me that there just might be a correlation in how the actual game situations are unfolding, as to how well their D'Line performs.

Optimal situation, they perform well. That's what great D'Lines do

Not so optimal situation...not so good. This is not what great D'lines do.

It's called handling adversity and taking advantage of opportunity.

Did the Denver D'line take advantage of opportunity? YES

Did the Denver D'Line handle adversity? NO

So are they a great D'Line? NO

Are they a good D'Line? YES

So, yeah, you have to put it all in perspective.

I'm a huge Denver fan and want nothing more than for this Dline to be great. At this point I'd say the jury is still out. The rotation is working well so far but there is still an awful lot of the season left. After another 3 games we'll know for sure.

I think the jury is definitely out on whether Denver's D this year is even good or let alone great. They have played 1 great game(against KC), a pretty good game (against Chargers), and a so-so game (against Miami).

They do have 7 new starters on the D this year so you can imagine its going to take some time for them to gel. They also do have very good depth this year.

Are they in the top half of the league? Sure

Are they in the top 10? Maybe but they need to prove themselves

Are they in the top 5? Probably not but I couldn't be happier if I was suprised.

They will be playing what I consider a better D this weekend in Jacksonville so it would be nice to see them step up.

CrazedBronco