[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mewelde Moore?

DemonKnight

I'd say CEO's % looks pretty good, but this is one rocky ship, captained by a person that probably has very little to lose in the big picture (I assume Tice realizes he probably won't be back next season). This is a big week for Mewelde, as the Purple will HAVE to run the ball to win this game - or stay close. If they run the ball effectively against Atlanta - big if - then they should solidify behind him going forward. If they don't, and they enter the bye week, who the heck knows? Some of the Vikings beat writers are suggesting that Faison might get some action this week, and that could be the hot thread for the next week or so.

Moore is a good back, always moving forward for positive yardage. With this offensive line, Bennett will never be a dependable back, IMO.

next year....I expect mr. whizzinator to assume the starting role in Minny...especially with Bennett gone and Moore being not as good as the whiz kid..

1030901[/snapback]

Nobody beats the Whiz.

That's a somewhat bold prediction seeing as he didn't really step up and take the job while he was actually on the roster.

Plus, if this year does go south for the Vikings, and Laurence Maroney continues his romp this season for the Gophers, there will be a LOT of pressure on the Purple to make a play for him next season in the draft. WAY early to judge anything there, just a casual thought for you. Maroney is a TERRIFIC running back, and will be a good pro, I think.

Edited by Chadman

What do you think the chances are that he remains the starter all year and how dedicated is Mike Tice to the run?  Any homer input on the rumored Bennett trade?

1030575[/snapback]

I don't think that trade is happening. Bennett practiced on the punt return unit practicing returning punts. Yeah I'm glad I drafted him, he's really paying off. In a related story Minn. D/ST should be helped out by this move. They're still a non-factor most weeks though, but not this week vs. Atlanta.