[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball fans...do the wild card teams...

I Like Soup

With the wild card teams having quite a run of success since the introduction of wild card play, do y'all think the wild card teams have it too easy? Winning a division over the course of 162 games should give you some kind of advantage over a team that didn't quite make it without the wild card. Interesting article below.

What do y'all say? :D

ESPN input on wild card.

I've got no problem with #1, I had heard it before...

It adds a lot of drama to division races, but it also means that a team that isn't nearly in the race can get in.

Sure, Cleveland only finished 2 games behind Boston, but they could have finished another 3 or 4 games back, and then still gotten into the 1 game wild card playoff, and maybe they shouldn't deserve that chance.

I don't think you'll ever find a Red Sox fan who says the wildcard should be punished somehow.

Play in the same division as the Yankees for a while and tell me we don't deserve equal footing with other division winners.

1048407[/snapback]

Well, a perfect case in point would be the NL East teams, of which all had better records than the Padres. Well, the last place team Washington lost their last three games, but were one game off the Padres record.