[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dayne

biggamer3

I've been advocating Dayne since the beginning of the season. Not for fantasy just yet, but in football terms. I went to Broncos training camp this year and he looked better than anyone on the field. Granted, that doesn't always translate to gameday, but all this kid needs is a chance and I feel he will eventually get it in Denver.

Dayne can still run and the Denver offensive zone blocking schemes fit his running style perfectly. He will get a chance sooner or later to be the man in this offense. Not sure if it will come this year or not and being a Broncos fan I hope it doesn't because it would mean an injury to Mike Anderson.

FWIW, I think Dayne is a nice pickup to stash away in deeper leagues if you need some depth at RB. He may also have some value in keeper leagues because the Broncos are high on him, but he has to wait his turn just like Mike Anderson and Ruben Droughns did before him. It typically takes a year in this offense before Shannahan gives guys a legit shot to be a solid contributor every week. The good news is he is keeping his mouth shut and working hard which is the secret formula for sticking around on this team. Shanahan gets rid of guys that put themselves before the team.

Edited by footballcoach

Someone on the huddle had a good inside scoop this week. They said that Dayne would have a big day on Turkeyday. good call whoever that was. My opinion on Dayne though is that he will be used in certain situations only. If the match-up is right or how Shanny feels when he wakes up that day. If you are in deseprate need of RBs and have someone that you don't mind waiving go for it. But i don't see him playing much unless Denver starts to fade out Anderson or Bell and I don't see that happening.

Good luck and checkout my post, thanks.