[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis or Mewelde Moore?

cwt80

FYI,

Portis plays San Diego today, not Tampa.

San Diego's Run D has been very, very strong. Clevelands Run D has been very, very weak.

Pluses for Portis =

(1) In an offense where there is no messing around as to who is the man running the rock.

(2) Gibbs has come out and said that they have to get back to throwing the deep ball to Mini Moss this weekend. San Diego can't stack the line and key on Portis?

(3) Portis has shown he can run on any D regardless of their ranking. He put up over a hundred yards against both Tampa & Denver which do have good Run D's.

(4) Betts is unlikely to play again with his injury, so Portis should only have to worry about Cartwright getting the occasional play. Betts out also bodes well for Portis as the 3rd down pass catching RB.

Minuses for Portis =

(1) Washington's D has not been all that while San Diego's Offense has. If the Skins get in an early hole, Portis' role in the Skins offensive game plan could be reduced.

(2) The weakest link of the San Diego D, is their Pass Defense. Possibly Gibbs places more of an emphasis on the passing game this week?

(3) Can Brunell recapture his form from earlier this year? If not, it will be a long day at the office for Mr. Portis.

Pluses for Moore =

(1) Cleveland Run D stinks.

(2) Moore has clearly shown he is the Vikings best Back.

(3) Moore is an asset in the passing game.

(4) Brad Johnson is no threat to vulture runs like Culpepper was.

Minuses for Moore =

(1) Tice is an idiot. He may switch to Bennett as the ball carrier for no reason.

(2) Tice is an idiot. He will pull Moore inside the 10 for Fason.

(3) Tice is an idiot. Despite Moore being the superior pass catching RB, he may well be pulled on 3rd downs in favor of the other Viking RB's.

(4) Did I mention that Tice is an idiot?

For me, I am in the exact same situation as you.

I have Portis, S Jax, Moore & Mike "The Marine" Anderson to choose from.

I had already eliminated Anderson, as I didn't feel good about playing him against the Cowboys D.

S. Jax against the Texan D, combined with Bulger being out, was a no brainer for me.

So, Portis or Moore? Moore or Portis?

I'm going with Moore and crossing my fingers that Tice isn't too much of an idiot today. :D