[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Desperate at QB, Bulger/Martin down

billhelm

I had Bulger and Martin on my roster. Tried to pick up Fitzpatrick or Gerrard this week and failed. (2nd to last waiver position in 16 team league-the fitz pickup was strictly to block me from getting him, I think).

QB scoring is 1pt per 25 passing yards, 4 points passing TD, -1 SACK, -2 INT

My options suck now, but this is what I have to choose from:

Kyle Orton

Kyle Boller

Jeff Garcia

Chris Simms

Alex Smith

JP Losman

Brooks Bollinger

I know, all below average QB's, but in a 16 team league where a lot of teams are carrying 2 QB's, those are the breaks.

I am 2nd overall in this league, have Steven Jackson, Tiki, Housh, Keyshawn, Roy Williams and Witten. Looking for somebody serviceable. Hopefully Martin or Bulger will come back.

Any insight on these is appreciated. I need to pick up somebody for the playoff run that can get me a few points. I'm leaning towards Orton or Simms.

I'd go with Simms.  Way more potential then anyone else left.

Good Luck!

1182416[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. His stock (heh, whatever he might have) is low too right now. Interesting enough, the guy that picked up Fitzpatrick to block me dropped Simms. He's on waivers till Friday but I can probably snag him.

I had Bulger and Martin on my roster. Tried to pick up Fitzpatrick or Gerrard this week and failed. (2nd to last waiver position in 16 team league-the fitz pickup was strictly to block me from getting him, I think).

QB scoring is 1pt per 25 passing yards, 4 points passing TD, -1 SACK, -2 INT

My options suck now, but this is what I have to choose from:

Kyle Orton

Kyle Boller

Jeff Garcia

Chris Simms

Alex Smith

JP Losman

Brooks Bollinger

I know, all below average QB's, but in a 16 team league where a lot of teams are carrying 2 QB's, those are the breaks.

I am 2nd overall in this league, have Steven Jackson, Tiki, Housh, Keyshawn, Roy Williams and Witten. Looking for somebody serviceable. Hopefully Martin or Bulger will come back.

Any insight on these is appreciated. I need to pick up somebody for the playoff run that can get me a few points.  I'm leaning towards Orton or Simms.

1182387[/snapback]

You're definitely in a spot here.

I'd take a flyer on Boller. In case you don't know, he threw for three scores against the Bengals. He also threw two picks and lost a fumble. He is at home going up against a Texans team that gave up a lot of passing yards last week. Houston is probably still bummed from blowing that game in overtime.

Simms is a safe pick and he'll probably have one, maybe two touchdown passes. I think Tampa Bay will run a lot here.

Here is a risky pick: Brooks Bollinger. He is playing better lately and this week he goes up against the Patriots' crappy secondary. New England has allowed 300+ yards passing and two touchdowns per game over the last month.

Smith and Losman suck. Orton does not throw much. I'm not sure what we'll see from Garcia this week. Good luck.

I would go Simms. Boller threw 3 scores against cinci with their backups playing defense up 34-0. i know because i have cinci's D/ST. One minute it's 34-0 then it's 34-21 - then 42-29. Boller sucks and so does Jamal Lewis - his first 100 yard game and a score came against backups. i would stay away from any player or unit on the ravens - at all costs.

go simms!

good luck!