[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Mets Moves so far.

Bree22

i like the move, you said the mets traded "a solid starting pitcher with some upside for a middling reliever" Kris Benson has never lived up to his expectations, he has a career record of sub .500, not worth the money he is getting. i put him and lugo in the same category as far a s skill goes...just giving the mets more help where needed since he is a reliever. not to mention blaine, the other arm they got in the deal is a nice prospect. the mets have plenty of talent for the fith spot on thier rotation.

1281732[/snapback]

Do you mean Jorge Julio and John Maine rather than Lugo and Blaine??? :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mets suck, always have and always will. Unless we get new ownership, they will continue to put enough asses in the seats of that f'in shuckshole to make $$. I saw big Mo Vaughn @ Scores the other night, he still has 3 years left on his deal  :D  Bobby V still is collecting checks  :D The clump of dirt I STILL have from 86 is prolly older than you, but it is still nice to hear your glass is still half full..............

1282043[/snapback]

You're not making any sense. What does ownership have to do with the team?

The only thing owners do is open their wallets. They set a cap for how much the GM can spend.

They don't make personnel decisions of any kind, that's what GM's do. I agree that the Mets have stunk it up for the last couple of years, but that's because we've had crappy GM's. Now we have Omar, who is doing a great job. Steve Phillips and Jim Duquette f'd us for years to come. Omar came here and dug us out.

We haven't paid Mo Vaughn a penny in years, it was all done through insurance.

You sound like a typical 35-45 year old, bitter, cynical Mets fan that has always wanted to be a Yankee fan.

• 3 weeks later...