[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Wide Receiver class of 1996

CaptainHook

Who would you have wanted your team to draft?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have wanted your team to draft?

• Keyshawn Johnson (1st overall)
    • Terry Glenn (7th)
    • Eddie Kennison (18th)
    • Marvin Harrison (19th)
    • Eric Moulds (24th)
    • Amani Toomer (34th)
    • Muhsin Muhammand (43rd)
    • Bobby Engram (52nd)
    • Terell Owens (89th)
    • Joe Horn (135th)

Knowing what you know now, who would you want your team to have drafted in 1996?  That is the question.  I'll assume you're the one who voted for Kennison. :D

1215794[/snapback]

I remember watching the draft when St. Louis took Kennison over Harrison. Kiper Jr. was about to sh!t himself. He even asked the Rams GM why? The GM said that Kennison could be dangerous return man as well as a top reciever. Guess Mel was right.

Getting back to the original question.....back then, I would have wanted my team to draft Meshawn. He was the biggest star coming out of a huge school with unquestionable talent. Having watched this group for 10 years, I wish it would have been Marvin, although I think his down the field talent would have been somewhat wasted in the Burgh with their dedication to the run.

Edited by Pitbull739

Marvin, as impressive as TO is there is one thing that I (and my FF local fellows) constantly marvel at, even last weekend: how the f does Marvin seem to be open 10 yards in every direction whenever he catches a pass? Seriously, even with Wayne, how can you forget about him and leave him so wide open? It's freaky and it's been like that since 1999. I simply cannot ascribe it to anything other than hugh talent.

1215858[/snapback]

He is an INCREDIBLE route runner. All of his routes look exactly the same. And he has freakish abilty to change direction. Definitley talent. Nothing that can be taught. I told this story once, but when I went to training camp this year, I was watching him being covered by rookie CB Marlin Jacksoon. At the snap Marvin sidstepped the jam to the outside, but Marlin was step for step with him. Clearly Jackson was looking for the deep ball. Marvin stopped on a dime with one foot about twenty yards into the route, spun inside and caught perfectly placed pass. Jackson was about 10 yard downfield and got a very good look at the catch. He just stood there with his hands on his hips, shaking his head.

Edited by CaptainHook