[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kobe Bryant has 50 points...

Puddy

Microcosm of why the Lakers will struggle the whole year.  Although they are blowing the Mavericks out right now, he is WAY too selfish a player for the team to succeed long-term.  Not that any of this is earth shattering news.

1229417[/snapback]

62 points at the end of the 3rd quarter :D

wow thats alot o points. But would never want someone like that on my team.

some stats I ran accross.

Elgin Baylor holds the Lakers' franchise record with 71 on Nov. 15, 1960, in New York. The NBA record for points in a quarter is 33 by the Spurs' George Gervin in 1978. Wilt Chamberlain scored 31 in a quarter for Philadelphia in 1962, when he set the single-game NBA record with 100.

No other Laker in double figures.

ZERO assists for Kobe :D

1229762[/snapback]

That won't win playoff games ... but still, 60 is 60 -- give the man his props ... Wonder which hotel staffer he enjoyed after the game to celebrate? :D

He's a TOad ... and until he's gone, I won't root for my Lakers. :D

That won't win playoff games ... but still, 60 is 60 -- give the man his props ...

1230905[/snapback]

62 points at the end of the 3rd quarter :D

1229427[/snapback]

I gave him his props right here. Sort of.

Actually the dude is one of the best players in the league easily. It's his me first mentality that will be the reason the team will remain mediocre. Granted, the talent around him is not what it once was, but no assists :D

Link

The bolded sentences below are prime examples of this guys ego.

Phil gave him an opportunity to say 'no, I shouldn't go back in the game,'... but his response makes me think he wanted to.

The capacity crowd of 18,997 began chanting, "We want Kobe! We want Kobe!" early in the final period, but with the Lakers holding an insurmountable lead there was no need for Jackson to put the 6-foot-6 star back into the game.

"It was a 30-point basketball game at that point and that's not the spirit of the game," Jackson said. "I did ask Kobe if he wanted to go back in and contend for the (franchise) record. He asked me what I thought, and I said, "It's a 30-point game.' "

Bryant said afterward there was no reason for him to return. He matched his previous career high of 56 points by making two free throws with 1:02 left in the third quarter. He went on to score six more points in the period, capping his amazing night by making a long 3-pointer with 4.4 seconds left.

As the period ended, Bryant held a hand to his ear and the volume increased even more. Bryant then called it a night.

"It's a great feeling, to do it here at Staples Center in front of our fans -- kind of an early Christmas present to them," Bryant said.

He took only 31 shots ... which isn't "too many". He was 22 of 25 from the foul line. It's easy to score a ton when you're taking that many free throws.

And, how many nights does 'Melo, LeBron, AI, Dirk Nowitski or any of amazing scorers take 31 or more shots?

Muck - undoubtedly an phenomonal individual performance and offensive player. I guess I see him as probably the most selfish player in the league. It's pretty obvious to me that the Lakers cannot win a championship with him as the cornerstone (unless he becomes more of a team player).

62 points and 0 assists.