[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

End of the road for the Panthers?

PantherRage

Opened the local media rag here in Raleigh this morning and my favorite tarheel biased commentator is predicting the end of the road for the Panthers since we've lost Foster. It amuses me to read this garbage from a guy who comments on all sports(mainly pro-unc crap)and thinks he knows the NFL as well. Goings is an accomplished runner who is more than capable of running well against the Seahawks. Our O line is the question and if they play well, Goings will excel. Steve Smith will again ooh and aah the crowd and we will be in the superbowl in a couple of weeks. Our defense is clearly better than the Seahawks and Ken Lucas wants to make a statement on Sunday. He is playing pro bowl calabre ball and was slighted by not being selected. Everyone thought Tiki Barber would run all over us. Now its Shawn Alexander. I hope Carlton Tudor for the news and observer enjoys his eggs and crow monday morning. :D

While this guy may not run the ball very well against you .

http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_sear...hootf_physician

I am sure that this guy will do much better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5048

:D

This is going to be a very close game I believe. And it will be the end of the road for one of them that is for sure.

Ha! I'm sure Tudor will have a seat available for you next to him for monday's crow and eggs. Enjoy! oh and by the way, I think it's BS the way people don't respond to a post simply because someone's a rookie on here. I'm 41 yrs old, father of two. and love my football dearly. Pantherdave talked me into joining the huddle because there were serious football fans on here but noone responds to my posts on the message boards or in a chat room. Ridiculous! Do I know nothing about football because this is my first year on the huddle? I've been an avid NFL fan since the 70s. There are huddler pros on here who aren't even out of school yet.

Ha! I'm sure Tudor will have a seat available for you next to him for monday's crow and eggs. Enjoy! oh and by the way, I think it's BS the way people don't respond to a post simply because someone's a rookie on here. I'm 41 yrs old, father of two. and love my football dearly. Pantherdave talked me into joining the huddle because there were serious football fans on here but noone responds to my posts on the message boards or in a chat room. Ridiculous! Do I know nothing about football because this is my first year on the huddle? I've been an avid NFL fan since the 70s. There are huddler pros on here who aren't even out of school yet.

1280100[/snapback]

Maybe the things you are posting are of no interest to other huddlers. For starters, no one except for panther homers knows anything about the sportswriter you are talking about. Second, you are simply predicting (from a homers pov) what is going to happen in todays game. Do you want us to agree with your nonsense or argue with you? :D

1280100[/snapback]

?? Let me see if I have this straight....

You can't spell someone's name right and I post a humorous retort and you immediately make me out as an idiot Seattle homer.

You then slam the Huddle for not immediately responding to your threads/posts. (Even though the ink wasn't even dry on this thread before I responded.. which means I must not count). Wonder if you have noticed that long time Huddlers have threads that are here for hours and sometimes days before someone responds.

"I've been an avid NFL fan since the 70s." Really... that long, huh? There are Huddler pros that have been fans since before you were even born... let alone out of school....

Did PD mention that you should come in here slamming? Or did he mention that you should come on in, check things out, see what is what, and join in?

this panther homer will enjoy the games on sunday because I believe in my team after seeing us embarrass the giants and win last week against a very physical bears team who boasts a much better defense than the Seahawks. argue with that smart guy

1280120[/snapback]

:D thats all you got?

"There is NO WAY that the Bears' pathetic offense is gonna score 20 points against the Panthers next week. We will face Seattle in the NfC championship-accept it."

PantherRage, you posted this last week and I do believe that Chicago scored 21 points on your defense. So you are not always right- accept it.

sky live 5- I owe you an apology, I misread your post at the end where you said it was the end for "one of them". Sorry, thought you said it was the end for the Panthers. I was a little disgusted with the paper this morning and now I'm a panther homer. Oh well, I think it will be a close game as you do and hope we come out on top. I know the local sportswriter wants to sell papers and provoke the local panther homers. I don't think the panthers have gotten the recognition they deserve for playing as well as they have this postseason. To be honest , I'm surprised to see it after the Dallas game. Hope that team doesn't play tomorrow.

this panther homer will enjoy the games on sunday because I believe in my team after seeing us embarrass the giants and win last week against a very physical bears team who boasts a much better defense than the Seahawks. argue with that smart guy

1280120[/snapback]

Aren't you the same guy that came in here arms swinging before the Bears game? There are extremely combative boards on this site (check out College!), and sometimes the threads on the FF board itself (this one) can get heated. But typically, this board is for intelligent discussion, not for the loudmouthed drunk at the end of the bar to sound off. And if he does, he gets ignored or derided. Seems to me you have much to offer, but a better approach would be to tone it down a shade.

JMO, FWIW.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I was a little disgusted with the paper this morning and ....

1280138[/snapback]

And rightfully so. A homer paper should at least be for the home team. :D

However.... kinda digressed in slamming the Huddle.... that should probably have been two threads instead of one.

No problems....... smack is smack..... as long as it is left to that.

yea PD called me and told me to ease up on my comments after last weeks post. Sorry, I do get a little fired up reading negative comments that I don't agree with. My first post today was not a slam towards anyone other than our beloved sportswriter here in Raleigh. The response to that post was misread. Sorry.

yea PD called me and told me to ease up on my comments after last weeks post. Sorry, I do get a little fired up reading negative comments that I don't agree with. My first post today was not a slam towards anyone other than our beloved sportswriter here in Raleigh. The response to that post was misread. Sorry.

1280146[/snapback]

No problem here. I'm sure I have done the same thing many times. Welcome to the Huddle and don't be a stranger.

1280146[/snapback]

Every town has idiot sports columnists. They get paid for impersonating stupid loudmouth drunks and criticizing those that do what they never could. Sports journalists are typically pond life.

And you don't let pond life bug you, do ya? :D

1280100[/snapback]

Sorry, I would have but didn't see an opening in the posts of yours I saw. You seemed to be preaching rather than having an open discussion.

No problem here> i like all the teams in the PO's but like the Steelers and Seahawks a little oew because they havn't been in the SB lately.

Edited by Randall