[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

seattle's run defense

louisville lip

I don't understand all the hoopla concerning Seattle's run defense.

In a recent article on SI.com, Dr. Z talks about how good Seattle's run D is, noting that they have allowed only 2.7 ypc in the last seven games.

Here's the "Murderer's Row" Dr. Z refers to: Phily (w/o McNabb or Westbrook, who never ran the ball anyway); San Fran (ooooh!); Tennessee (ooooh!); Indy (while Edge was watching); Green Bay (dare I say, while Gado was out); Washington (Portis ran for 81 yards w/o a passing game); and Carolina (name the RB).

In the game before this awesome display of run D, Tiki ran for 151--at Seattle.

Based on this, I expect the Steelers to come out running, unless Seattle puts "8 in the box". If Seattle doesn't crowd the line of scrimmage, thereby opening up the passing game, the Steelers will run for no less than 120.

On the other side, Seattle better hope they can run the ball. In the only game in which the Seahawks faced a 3-4 (against Dallas in Seattle), Alexander amassed 61 yards on 21 carries. If they run that poorly against Pittsburgh's much superior 3-4 defense, Pittsburgh wins by at least two TDs, say 27-13.

Granted Pitt had a tougher schedule- given. That being said- here are the numbers for the season:

Pitt 3.4 ypc against 10TD's

Sea 3.6 5 TD's

Don't care who you play- giving up 5 TD's is impressive- I think Sea plays Pitt honest, and dares em to run the Fridge, err I mean the Bus. Pitt's passing attack is clicking- running game?? Their offense looks one dimensional. Think the Fridge/Parker can run on Sea- prove it.

Pitt's 3-4 is outstanding, no doubt- I just think Seattle's O is so balanced and firing on all cylinders, they just dismantled Carolina's D- who had similar #'s to Pitt both rushing & passing wise. Sea has the most balanced, productive offense in the NFL-

They WILL SCORE- you can count on it.

On the other side, Seattle better hope they can run the ball.  In the only game in which the Seahawks faced a 3-4 (against Dallas in Seattle), Alexander amassed 61 yards on 21 carries. 

1288244[/snapback]

Wrong. Houston also runs a 3-4, and against them SA amassed 141 yards and 4, count 'em FOUR, scores. But thank you for playing.

Wrong. Houston also runs a 3-4, and against them SA amassed 141 yards and 4, count 'em FOUR, scores. But thank you for playing.

1288988[/snapback]

And again, against the Cowboys, let's not forget that the Hawks were starting their 3rd through 5th string receivers, weren't close to firing on all cylinders as of present, and still won that game.

The Steelers lost to the Ravens....so what?

I don't understand all the hoopla concerning Seattle's run defense.

In a recent article on SI.com, Dr. Z talks about how good Seattle's run D is, noting that they have allowed only 2.7 ypc in the last seven games.

Here's the "Murderer's Row" Dr. Z refers to: Phily (w/o McNabb or Westbrook, who never ran the ball anyway); San Fran (ooooh!); Tennessee (ooooh!); Indy (while Edge was watching); Green Bay (dare I say, while Gado was out); Washington (Portis ran for 81 yards w/o a passing game); and Carolina (name the RB).

In the game before this awesome display of run D, Tiki ran for 151--at Seattle.

Based on this, I expect the Steelers to come out running, unless Seattle puts "8 in the box".  If Seattle doesn't crowd the line of scrimmage, thereby opening up the passing game, the Steelers will run for no less than 120.

On the other side, Seattle better hope they can run the ball.  In the only game in which the Seahawks faced a 3-4 (against Dallas in Seattle), Alexander amassed 61 yards on 21 carries.  If they run that poorly against Pittsburgh's much superior 3-4 defense, Pittsburgh wins by at least two TDs, say 27-13.

1288244[/snapback]

They are playing on February 5th ..... Nuff said!!