[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Old school cons.

Duchess Jack

Saturday is my 'writing day' and I am looking for some old school scams.

I thought that these would be easily found on the internet - but I am surprised to find them pretty hard to find ....

I am looking for something like this...

THE FIDDLE GAME

A con in which one shabbily-dressed man leaves a fiddle as collateral for a meal he's eaten in a restaurant. Another man (an accomplice) comes in and offers to purchase the "rare" instrument for a vast amount of money. The restaurant owner then buys the worthless instrument from the first man when he returns, thinking he has an offer on the table from the accomplice.

I am looking for a con or two which could work pretty easily in medieval Europe or colonial America. Something like the 'quick change con'. And on that note - if somebody is pretty well aware of that con, I would love to see it written up. I know pretty much what all it is about - but do not know its nuances.

Even little bar tricks like the one wherein somebody puts a boot over a shot and says 'I bet you I can drink that shot without lifting the boot' - then the guy placing the bet does some strange thing like sliding a piece of straw wrapper beneath the boot and sucking - whatever it is - its irrelevant - anyway - the guy says okay, 'pay up'

When the other dude picks up the boot to see if whatever craziness the drinker was doing worked. the drinker than picks up the drink and slams it. I will even take something juvenile like that. More or less street scams.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've got this one I've used before. You go into a bar and sit down next to the prettiest girl. You start some small talk and start buying her drinks. After awhile things go good and you start to expect maybe some sex.

Oh, wait...that never works. Uh, nevermind...

My uncle Ted uses this one.

He goes into a bar and bets the bartender, "I can bite my eye but it'll cost ya a free beer". Bar tender says sure, let's see it. My uncle pulls out his glass eye and bites on it. Everyone laughs and my uncle enjoys his free beer. Then he says, "I'll bet you another beer I can bite my OTHER eye". The bartender knows Ted didn't walk in there blind, so he says, "Okay, Ted, let's see it". My uncle then proceeds to take out his false teeth and bite his other eye, lol. He is a sad, sad speciman. You don't even want to know about his talking bird.

:D

My uncle Ted uses this one.

He goes into a bar and bets the bartender, "I can bite my eye but it'll cost ya a free beer".  Bar tender says sure, let's see it.  My uncle pulls out his glass eye and bites on it.  Everyone laughs and my uncle enjoys his free beer.  Then he says, "I'll bet you another beer I can bite my OTHER eye".  The bartender knows Ted didn't walk in there blind, so he says, "Okay, Ted, let's see it".  My uncle then proceeds to take out his false teeth and bite his other eye, lol.  He is a sad, sad speciman.  You don't even want to know about his talking bird.

:D

1304841[/snapback]

an oldie but a goodie

I have 2 friends , one named Winston and the other's name is Kent (no lie)

They would go into bars and bet for drinks that that pack of Marlboros were Winston's and that pack of Salems were Kent's.

I saw it work several times  :D

1304851[/snapback]

:D Nice.