[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks back to the Super Bowl?

Randall

They easily win the west. They won't win the NFC next year. Loads of talent. First taste of honey for a long time. See if they like sharing the honey as much after having tasted it.

Perfect world, they sign Shaun and he'll be happy, franchise Hutch which I'm sure will make him happy huh?, Hamlin comes back better than ever and the defense plays even more above their collective heads than they did this year, Hasselback doesn't get killed because of his absolute cockiness, and they win all their close games again. Could happen, couldn't it?

1800 + yards and 28 tds will not be replaced that easily though :doah:

1320352[/snapback]

Obviously! The middle ground may or may not be found between SA and the Hawks. I'm just not convinced that he wants to stay there. If Carolina wants to break the bank and Seattle doesn't, he is gone. He is by far and away their key free agent, and it is conveinent that they don't have many.

I think that Hutchinson stays, Strong stays, and of lesser importance Jurevicius stays. Tim Ruskell did a masterful job in his first season of finding guys who fit in and want to play. If Seattle doesn't re-sign SA, I would expect a first round pick of a rookie RB (Laurence Maroney?) and then a RBBC of said RB and Maurcie Morris.

As a homer I hope he stays and then the Seahawks add to their D. There is no reason why they can't be a good team next year. The NFC should still be relativley weak and the NFC west just downright sucks. The Hawks signed a ton of free agents last year and their cap space (I'm not a NASA scientist) is reported to be relatively healthy.

The Hawks should have another good 1-2 years and then the party is probably over.

I'd lay money that the Rams become a lot tougher team to play under Linehan.

Other than that, 9ers and Cards remain hapless.

As for Seattle, I think if you keep Strong and Hutch, you can plug in any decent back and probably get some nice production - not 1800 yds/28 td production, but more than enough to keep defense honest. IMO Hasselbeck looks like he's a big-time QB - whatever the reasons Seattle lost the SB, I don't think you can hang too much on Hass' performance - and the passing game should be more than able to pick up some of the slack the running game will have if SA leaves.

The defense looks to be on solid ground.

As it is, though, Seattle looks to be in a good position for a few years yet; I don't know that I'd label them the prohibitive NFC favorites as of right now, but they're on a short list.

I'd lay money that the Rams become a lot tougher team to play under Linehan.

1320561[/snapback]

I can't necessarily disagree with that. The Rams are still hitting on offense. Maybe I just observed an anomoly in the last few years, but it seems like in the current state of the NFL you can construct a decent to good defense fairly easily and quickly. Get young athletes that want to hit and swarm to the ball. Roll the dice.

A good offense (Indy, Seattle, Cincy, NE.....who else) has had some time to gel.

Dallas will improve ...

1320158[/snapback]

With Bledsoe locked in at QB, and an inexplicable offensive philosophy, the most the Cowboys can hope for is to be four times better. :D Hey, what is four times zero? :D

Their only hope is that everyone else in their division takes a step backwards while they tread water ... The Ware kid has great potential ... Still, that 4x0=? math comes into play.