[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball - Draft Results

darin3

I decided about 1/3 of the way through my ESPN 10-team H2H league that I would employ a drafting method I've seen work in the past. Basically drafting heavy on the pitching side (which may seem foolish in a H2H league) by grabbing best available at nearly every chance.

Well, I ended up with the following:

C - Posada (took him too early, but I sensed a catcher run and wanted him)

1B - Delgado

2B - Loretta

3B - Atkins

SS - Young

OF - Matsui

OF - Podsednik

OF - Huff

OF - Jenkins

OF - Pena

2B/SS - Matsui

1B/3B - Overbay

Util - Guillen

Bench - Casey

Bench - Gathright

So OK, I took Posada too early, but I had sensed a catcher run and wanted him. Delgado's gonna be a monster. Loretta's gonna be solid near the top of that BoSox lineup. Love Atkins in the thin air. Young's a stud. I like Matsui - average and ribbies. Podednik gets the steals. Huff is due for a rebound season. Jenkins is a shoo-in for 30 HRs. Love Pena - hugh sleeper. Matsui's a hugh question mark, but hey, in that lineup? Overbay was a steal. Guillen could prove worthy. Casey's .300+ with ease. Gathright could steal 45.

And the pitching, well... as I said, I went heavy on the pitchers. I imagine I can probably trade a few of them off to make my offense a bit more balanced.

SP - Santana

SP - Martinez

SP - Schilling

SP - Willis

SP - Beckett

SP - Zito

RP - Isringhausen

RP - Cordero

RP - Foulke

RP - Farnsworth

Santana is Santana. Pedro's Pedro. No need to explain there. I think Schilling is going to have a hugh year. Bounceback to say the least. Willis won't win 20+ but will be solid. Beckett will also be solid. Love Zito; A's will win some games this season. Izzy, Cordero and Foulke will keep me close in saves and Farnsworth will get Ks and low #s with the Yanks.

So yeah I'm happy. :D

Guest Cherni

Good move Darin, pitching is tough to find once the season starts. You'll be able to move some arms for a bat or two if you find it necessary. I would make a move for David Wright ASAP. Not that there's anything wrong with Atkins, I just think Wright is going to wind up being a monster this year.

I like your pitching staff, not to highjack your thread, I bought 3 teams through ESPN and did 2 drafts, in each draft a team drafted all closers for pitching in a H2H league. Has anyone seen this strategy work, you win the save category but lose the win and strikeout category.

I like your pitching staff, not to highjack your thread, I bought 3 teams through ESPN and did 2 drafts, in each draft a team drafted all closers for pitching in a H2H league. Has anyone seen this strategy work, you win the save category but lose the win and strikeout category.

1361679[/snapback]

depends on the categories, but they should also win ERA and WHIP so win 3 lose 2. I guess that's the strategy.

I'm admittedly weak in baseball, at least past results show that.

Guest Sores

In a 10 teamer, there is going to be a lot of offense sitting on the wire...you will be fine with the pitching you drafted and with some astute pickups.

BTW...if Jenkins is a shoo-in for 30 HR, you know more about him than anyone else.

depends on the categories, but they should also win ERA and WHIP so win 3 lose 2.  I guess that's the strategy.

I'm admittedly weak in baseball, at least past results show that.

1361791[/snapback]

I see your point, I think ERA or WHIP can be a toss up any given week, with a couple of blown saves.

In a 10 teamer, there is going to be a lot of offense sitting on the wire...you will be fine with the pitching you drafted and with some astute pickups.

BTW...if Jenkins is a shoo-in for 30 HR, you know more about him than anyone else.

1362257[/snapback]

Funny you should say that... cuz I'm guessing I probably do. :D My ex-fiancee knows the guy... :D I've heard some stories... :D

In any case, Jenkins has APPROACHED 30 HRs in each of the past 3 seasons. Perhaps "shoo-in" was the wrong choice of words... I think he'll approach 30 again, and certainly top 25.

Guest Cherni
Funny you should say that... cuz I'm guessing I probably do.  :D  My ex-fiancee knows the guy... :D  I've heard some stories...  :D

In any case, Jenkins has APPROACHED 30 HRs in each of the past 3 seasons.  Perhaps "shoo-in" was the wrong choice of words...  I think he'll approach 30 again, and certainly top 25.

1365742[/snapback]

good info here.