[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ten Basketball Fans

Puddy

I'm glad someone made a post about it, because I was going to.

Being an Illini alumni, I was getting pretty sick and tired of all the media calling the Big 10 the most powerful conference in the country...that RPI crap is exactly what it is. Crap.

Not only did the entire conference show their true colors, it is exactly as it played out all year. Unless a decent Big 10 team was playing at home, I never saw one team go on the road and play another good team in a way that proved they were an elite team.

I was completely pissed yesterday after my boys hacked their way to a loss. They dominated the front court and had an 11-39 difference at the free throw line. As teams that advance actually take the ball to the hoop every chance they get, my Illini run outside screens and settle for contested 3 pointers---it's sick I tell you.

Ohio State was the best team in the Big 10 this year, and proved to be no better than the 4th or 5th best team in the Big East. Iowa fans should be ashamed...Wisconsin fans, the same.

The funny thing is, a team like Michigan could have made some noise in this tournament because they have a senior in Horton who would do the right thing with the ball, and that is to take it to the f'ing hole.

I'm glad someone made a post about it, because I was going to.

Being an Illini alumni, I was getting pretty sick and tired of all the media calling the Big 10 the most powerful conference in the country...that RPI crap is exactly what it is. Crap.

Not only did the entire conference show their true colors, it is exactly as it played out all year. Unless a decent Big 10 team was playing at home, I never saw one team go on the road and play another good team in a way that proved they were an elite team.

I was completely pissed yesterday after my boys hacked their way to a loss. They dominated the front court and had an 11-39 difference at the free throw line. As teams that advance actually take the ball to the hoop every chance they get, my Illini run outside screens and settle for contested 3 pointers---it's sick I tell you.

Ohio State was the best team in the Big 10 this year, and proved to be no better than the 4th or 5th best team in the Big East. Iowa fans should be ashamed...Wisconsin fans, the same.

The funny thing is, a team like Michigan could have made some noise in this tournament because they have a senior in Horton who would do the right thing with the ball, and that is to take it to the f'ing hole.

1377625[/snapback]

Agree completely. With the lack of depth and leadership at Michigan State, I felt the conference would do poorly in the tourney (although I am surprised one of them didn't find a way to win two games).

As far as Michigan goes, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Lost 7 of their last 9 games. They'll probably win the NIT again :D

Iowa fans should be ashamed...Wisconsin fans, the same.

1377625[/snapback]

The consensus among all but the most head-in-the-sand Badger fans was that UW had one-and-done all but rubber-stamped on their foreheads.

The consensus among all but the most head-in-the-sand Badger fans was that UW had one-and-done all but rubber-stamped on their foreheads.

1377673[/snapback]

You make it sound like they actually showed up. It was one and well done for Bucky this year...pitiful.

My guys would have been lucky to get past 2 games, and Indiana would have lost in Round 1 if San Diego St. didn't have some of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

And here I thought Michigan St. was primed for a decent run, with 3 seniors at key positions, but I guess when their point guard is as smart as a box of rocks, and they play defense like they're wearing cement shoes, I was wrong.

Being an Illini alumni, I was completely pissed yesterday after my boys hacked their way to a loss. They dominated the front court and had an 11-39 difference at the free throw line. As teams that advance actually take the ball to the hoop every chance they get, my Illini run outside screens and settle for contested 3 pointers---it's sick I tell you.

1377625[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. :D