[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a great game...

Flip_Side

Bc and Nova are in overtime right now, One of novas guards had a wide open shot with a second on the clock and a BC player jumps up and gets just 1 finger on the ball so it doesn't have a chance to go in. This is a great game so far, I hope everyone is watching.

Bc and Nova are in overtime right now, One of novas guards had a wide open shot with a second on the clock and a BC player jumps up and gets just 1 finger on the ball so it doesn't have a chance to go in. This is a great game so far, I hope everyone is watching.

1387230[/snapback]

Watching but I think BC got hosed by the refs near the end of regulation. That travel call was very weak. However, if BC could hit their free throws it wouldn't have mattered.

Watching but I think BC got hosed by the refs near the end of regulation.  That travel call was very weak.  However, if BC could hit their free throws it wouldn't have mattered.

1387233[/snapback]

Yep 8 out of 17 from the line as of right now, not good. :D

BC did get screwed with that traveling call though, but I can't believe that player for BC hit that 3 against 2 defenders to tie the game up at 51, crazyness.

Watching but I think BC got hosed by the refs near the end of regulation.  That travel call was very weak.  However, if BC could hit their free throws it wouldn't have mattered.

1387233[/snapback]

:D

B. C. might want to consider adding a few guys that can make those all so difficult free throws. The refs sucked in this game big time, but B.C. pizzed it away. I'm the kiss of death to a dark horse team. Once I'm onboard watch the wheels fall off. What the hell, I called my shot.

Meanwhile, LSU (the team I crossed off at the last minute) did indeed upset Duke. Made that boy cry, they did. I saw it coming. I chickened out and went with the crowd with Duke.

I'm anxiously awaiting an LSU championship since that is the team I crossed out. Make your bets accordingly.

Change "BC" to "Seattle" and you're talking about the superbowl.  Or wait, no, that one was completely the refs' fault, right?  :D

1387805[/snapback]

:D Did you see the game? In the last minute of regulation, BC's top player went in for a layup and got hammered. The announcing team was incredulous that there was no call.

15 seconds later, a BC player had the ball and BC had the possession arrow. A Villanova player reached in and grabbed the ball (a potential fould call in and of itself, but nobody's worried about that non-call...regular stuff) and pulled the BC player to the floor. Instead of calling a Jump Ball, which is the only right call, the BC player was called for travelling :D

Sorry...but the Refs really did give Villanova life. The game should have never made it to OT.

:D Did you see the game?

1387852[/snapback]

No. I just saw someone with an avy saying the ref was the Superbowl MVP and responded accordingly. :D

Edit to add: based on your description, his claim that it was BC who blew it and not the refs looks even worse.

Edited by Squeegiebo

No.  I just saw someone with an avy saying the ref was the Superbowl MVP and responded accordingly. :D

Edit to add: based on your description, his claim that it was BC who blew it and not the refs looks even worse.

1387872[/snapback]

Well, BC did have HUGH leads at 2 separate points in the game and let Nova come back into it twice, so in that regard he is right. The opportunity for Nova to win the game shouldn't have been there.

But, basketball is often a game of streak scoring, so I wasn't going to comment on that.

No.  I just saw someone with an avy saying the ref was the Superbowl MVP and responded accordingly. :D

1387872[/snapback]

Squeegio, we all know that referee decisions have NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game, as long as YOUR team is the one getting all the calls.

Squeegio, we all know that referee decisions have NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game, as long as YOUR team is the one getting all the calls.

1387900[/snapback]

Why is it that the referee decisions were THE deciding factor in the Superbowl, but you think BC is mostly to blame for this loss?

Why is it that the referee decisions were THE deciding factor in the Superbowl, but you think BC is mostly to blame for this loss?

1388068[/snapback]

My avy does not specifically imply that I believe the refs were THE deciding factor, Jeremy Stevens is the Superbowl MVP runner-up in my world.

The refs in the basketball game while equally blind to B.C. muggings on the way to the hoop, as were the SB refs to the blatant Steeler holding, I just think that when a team shoots around 30% free throws in a basketball game, they probably can't whine about not being given the opportunity to clunk a few more off the rim.

So B.C. got jobbed, but it wasn't the deciding factor. The refs did not sabatoge B.C. every single time they were at a critical point in the game. That feat has only been pulled off once, but that is in the past, and my avy shall remain a tribute to that feat.

Overall I think the officiating in the tournament has been pretty good. One of the most entertaining tournaments I can recall.