[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speaking of how great Pittsburgh is, well it's

wiegie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeesh--let's not forget that I am a simple, unsophisticated, midwestern boy who is easily amused by the slightest things--there's no need to make a big production out of anything, I'm just looking forward to meeting you guys in person.  :D

1404397[/snapback]

translation: let's hit a few strip clubs! :D

Cope - I forgot all about you. I think you are the fatherless male that cut me off last week. If I see you I am going to kick your ass. :D

Squeegie - I don't know any of those places other than by name but I am okay with anything. I don't think wiegie cares much about the amenities so lets try to work on something that will not be a parking nightmare and has enough room to accommodate our large group.

i just hope they don't decide to wrestle :D

1404445[/snapback]

Now that is good. :D

translation: let's hit a few strip clubs! :D

1404454[/snapback]

Well, I know where most of those are.

Edited by Skippy

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Wieg:  how are you getting from the airport to the hotel?

1407186[/snapback]

I had planned on taking a hotel shuttle or something similar. Do you have a better suggestion?

(also, I am feeling better today, but that might be a function of the extra-strength Tylenol I am taking. I anticipate that will indeed be good to go by the time Wednesday rolls around.)

And I still have no plan for Wednesday.

I had planned on taking a hotel shuttle or something similar.  Do you have a better suggestion?

(also, I am feeling better today, but that might be a function of the extra-strength Tylenol I am taking.  I anticipate that will indeed be good to go by the time Wednesday rolls around.)

And I still have no plan for Wednesday.

1432500[/snapback]

Well, from the Airport, they say:

Taxi Service: Approx. $40

Shuttle Service: Approx. $19 one way per person / $34 round trip per person

Private Car Service: Approx. $45 one way plus gratuity

I can go fetch you and deliver you to the hotel if you'd like. It'll give me an excuse to leave work a little early. :D

Are you being fed on the plane? I'm just trying to figure out if we should be planning a meal or just drinks when the whole crew gets together.

Are you being fed on the plane?  I'm just trying to figure out if we should be planning a meal or just drinks when the whole crew gets together.

1432506[/snapback]

When was the last time you flew, Squeeg? Meals on planes are a thing of the past.

I can go fetch you and deliver you to the hotel if you'd like.  It'll give me an excuse to leave work a little early. 

1432506[/snapback]

hmmm, I'm not going to end up in your basement, hanging upside-down, naked except for a Todd Pinkston jersey and Minnie Mouse ears, with a cattle-prod attached to my peeener, am I?

(I've learned the hard way that one needs to ask this question when meeting huddlers in a foreign city.) :D

As for eating, I will probably need to eat sometime, but I can easily survive on bar-food.

hmmm, I'm not going to end up in your basement, hanging upside-down, naked except for a Todd Pinkston jersey and Minnie Mouse ears, with a cattle-prod attached to my peeener, am I?

1432522[/snapback]

:D

No.

PM me your flight info. I can pick you up at baggage claim.

As for eating, I will probably need to eat sometime, but I can easily survive on bar-food.

1432522[/snapback]

:D Okay, you fellow yinzers - were are we taking the Prof. for eats and beers?

I haven't flown in a while.  My brother and his woman just flew last month and got meals.  :D

1432519[/snapback]

Then they either flew first class, or paid $15 out of pocket for a crummy sammich. :D

On my recent flights from UT to MA, I got a whoppin' packet of crackers and cheese to hold me over for the 4+ hour flight. :D

Then they either flew first class, or paid $15 out of pocket for a crummy sammich.  :D

1432552[/snapback]

They flew USA 3000 to Mexico. Looks like they got the meal because it was an international flight, although it was a shorter flight than yours.

No.

PM me your flight info.  I can pick you up at baggage claim.

:D  Okay, you fellow yinzers - were are we taking the Prof. for eats and beers?

1432527[/snapback]

Let me know when you get his flight info. I am thinking that no matter what he is going to want to go get checked in which will have you guys back in town. I guess we should plan on heading somewhere from the town area. Like I said way back when, I don't know very much about any food joints in town so I think we would leave that up to you, Squeegie.

Let me know what we are thinking Squeegie.

Let me know when you get his flight info.  I am thinking that no matter what he is going to want to go get checked in which will have you guys back in town.  I guess we should plan on heading somewhere from the town area.  Like I said way back when, I don't know very much about any food joints in town so I think we would leave that up to you, Squeegie.

Let me know what we are thinking Squeegie.

1432585[/snapback]

Well, for Wiegie, the easiest thing would probably be to meet at the Tap Room in the William Penn, so he can just hop on the elevator and go to his room when his 4'9.5" ass is wasted after 2 beers. It's a smallish bar, but they have some tasty bar food. I believe there is metered parking on whatever that 1-way street is that runs behind the William Penn parallel to Grant.

The other thing I was thinking, if we want to make sure he get's the obligatory 'Burgh sammich, is to hit the Primantis in Market Square for sammiches, and we can either hit one of the other bars right in the square or head back toward another bar near the hotel.

Staying in town is likely to be easier than finding parking on the north or south side, and there are lots of places to go within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Maybe we should all just meet in the lobby and see where we feel like heading from there. :D