[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nearing end of 3rd rd, Dynasty draft

revhookem

We're rolling with the picks now...

4.2 - Thomas Jones

4.3 - Tatum Bell

And with pick #4.4, I selected: LARRY FITZGERALD :D

4.5 - Julius Jones

I don't pick again until 5.7, so there are 11 picks before my next selection.  I'll post an update when a few more picks have rolled in, probably on a new thread.  Thanks for the input, fellas!

1434681[/snapback]

wow thats a steal

Surely Holt would not last that long... but if so, I don't know that I would have a choice. Two more picks are in:

4.6 - Phillip Rivers (I was hoping he might last to my pick at 6.4, when I'm planning on going QB - oh well... he did go to a guy who likes to trade)

4.7 - Kevin Jones

I am amazed Holt is still out there.

1434817[/snapback]

i am sure he wont make it back to him...if you can trade in this draft now would be the time to do whatever you had to do to get the next pick if holt is avail

Surely Holt would not last that long... but if so, I don't know that I would have a choice.  Two more picks are in:

4.6 - Phillip Rivers  (I was hoping he might last to my pick at 6.4, when I'm planning on going QB - oh well... he did go to a guy who likes to trade)

4.7 - Kevin Jones

1434932[/snapback]

stand strong against your urge to reach for that QB :D

stand strong against your urge to reach for that QB  :D

1434935[/snapback]

You would wait longer than 6.4 to go QB with so many already gone? 13 are off the board already, and I'm guessing 4 more will be by my pick in the 6th. I don't think it would be wise to wait beyond that.

The top remaining QBs on my list, in order, are:

Bledsoe

Leftwich

Plummer

Vick

Warner

If 4 or fewer QBs are taken before I pick at 6.4, I'm guaranteed one of those guys. I can live with that. But beyond that, I'll be left with Carr, Simms, Frye, McNair/Volek, McCown/Kitna, Brooks, Grossman, BJohnson, Brunnell, etc. I don't mind pulling from that pool for my back-up, but I really want one from that first list for my starter.

Yea... when is rookie draft?

Cause thats 3 more starting QBs right there...

And like I said earlier... Warner is a stud because of his WRs.

If I were you, I would trying and hold off one more round on a QB.

What WR or TEs are left on the board?

Yea... when is rookie draft?

Cause thats 3 more starting QBs right there...

And like I said earlier... Warner is a stud because of his WRs.

If I were you, I would trying and hold off one more round on a QB.

What WR or TEs are left on the board?

1435070[/snapback]

I doubt any of the rookie 3 are starters day 1 but probaly next season so that's not bad. I still say he needs to go Qb next pick to be safe. You did a good job don't get too greedy. Nice draft for you.

Rookie draft happens in August. I'd love to pick up VYoung, both for sentimental and fantasy potential reasons. In fact, prior to last season I had a vertiable plethora of RBs and traded away Jamal Lewis in a deal (other players involved as well) that netted me an additional first rd pick "in whatever year Vince Young becomes eligible for the draft." It's still under discussion whether or not I still own the rights to that additional pick since we supposedly started from scratch again this year.

If Holt doesn't make it to you, I might think about taking Roy Williams. He should be a bigger stud under Martz.

With the WRs Detriot has, the QB you think will start there might be a good option to look at in a few rounds.

If Holt doesn't make it to you, I might think about taking Roy Williams. He should be a bigger stud under Martz.

With the WRs Detriot has, the QB you think will start there might be a good option to look at in a few rounds.

1435326[/snapback]

I'd love to lay claim to Josh McCown if he's still around in rd.9-10 or so, as I think he'll be the starter there and has real potential. My plan right now is to grab a sure starter as my first QB in rd.6, and then ideally I'd grab McCown a few rds later, then possibly someone like Volek in the late rds. And if possible, I'd like to get a rookie QB for a total of 4 QBs on my roster. As a 'Horn, I also have to keep Simms in the realm of possibility... and if Carr slips far enough, I still think he's worth a late rounder.

I'm very high on Roy this season as well - we'll just have to see who is available with my pick at 5.7

Rookie draft happens in August.  I'd love to pick up VYoung, both for sentimental and fantasy potential reasons.  In fact, prior to last season I had a vertiable plethora of RBs and traded away Jamal Lewis in a deal (other players involved as well) that netted me an additional first rd pick "in whatever year Vince Young becomes eligible for the draft."  It's still under discussion whether or not I still own the rights to that additional pick since we supposedly started from scratch again this year.

1435228[/snapback]

honestly...I'd stay away from your heart and go with the QB who has the weapons...unless he goes to oakland...but I think Cutler goes to AZ and he has outstanding weapons on offense...

he could even finish the year as the starter if they miss the playoffs...

I'd love to lay claim to Josh McCown if he's still around in rd.9-10 or so, as I think he'll be the starter there and has real potential.  My plan right now is to grab a sure starter as my first QB in rd.6, and then ideally I'd grab McCown a few rds later, then possibly someone like Volek in the late rds.  And if possible, I'd like to get a rookie QB for a total of 4 QBs on my roster.  As a 'Horn, I also have to keep Simms in the realm of possibility... and if Carr slips far enough, I still think he's worth a late rounder.

I'm very high on Roy this season as well - we'll just have to see who is available with my pick at 5.7

1435378[/snapback]

I like AJohnson a little better than Roy right now...

honestly...I'd stay away from your heart and go with the QB who has the weapons...

1435645[/snapback]

I know I should stay away from my heart... but you don't understand. I went to UT 1986-90. My freshman year was the first losing season the Longhorns had had in 30 years! It was low tide in UT football history, and for the past 20 years they have teased and teased me at times that they were going to break back through to the top... but never made it happen. THIS MAN, no matter what he does in the NFL or for my fantasy team, will always and forever be my QB god!

The truth of the matter is, a rookie QB is a crap shoot anyway. So why not go with the guy I love?... especially when I think he may turn out to be something as special on the pro level as he was on the college level...

I'd love to lay claim to Josh McCown if he's still around in rd.9-10 or so, as I think he'll be the starter there and has real potential.  My plan right now is to grab a sure starter as my first QB in rd.6, and then ideally I'd grab McCown a few rds later, then possibly someone like Volek in the late rds.  And if possible, I'd like to get a rookie QB for a total of 4 QBs on my roster.  As a 'Horn, I also have to keep Simms in the realm of possibility... and if Carr slips far enough, I still think he's worth a late rounder.

1435378[/snapback]

I like AJohnson a little better than Roy right now...

1435647[/snapback]

overall i have ROY a bit higher then AJ but you can't go wrong with either but i think that ROY is a top 5 WR in a yr or 2 and will be for an extended time too

overall i have ROY a bit higher then AJ but you can't go wrong with either but i think that ROY is a top 5 WR in a yr or 2 and will be for an extended time too

1436056[/snapback]

I agree....especially with 2 viable QB's now...

I think both are a lock for top 10 including this year and the next...

Moulds will help AJ

I know I should stay away from my heart... but you don't understand.  I went to UT 1986-90.  My freshman year was the first losing season the Longhorns had had in 30 years!  It was low tide in UT football history, and for the past 20 years they have teased and teased me at times that they were going to break back through to the top... but never made it happen.  THIS MAN, no matter what he does in the NFL or for my fantasy team, will always and forever be my QB god!

The truth of the matter is, a rookie QB is a crap shoot anyway.  So why not go with the guy I love?... especially when I think he may turn out to be something as special on the pro level as he was on the college level...

1435757[/snapback]

because he may end up on a team with no weapons....and so may Cutler...

but if Cutler goes to AZ...I don't see any reason why he wouldn't perform well as soon as he came in late in the season...if he played at all..but would almost obviously get time next year...