[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like we're into it again...

SuperBalla

They say the Carolina's will have a bad season-I hope not, but what can ya do-be prepared and stocked up. I'll be buying the generator soon as I had my house wired to run off the generator as well when building it. It's cool-open up the elecrtical panel-turn off the main, lock it in the off position, then plug in the generator to the outside plug-crank up generator-turn the other "on" switch in my panel...and walla-Power. I had it wired to run my downstairs AC as well, well it's wired to run everything as long as the gen is powerful enough....and it will be powerful enough.

If a hurricane came up the Cheasapeak bay, I would be so screwed. All that water piling up on my end would be insane. Plus we are nothing but trees around here so there would be no power for prolly over a month.

When isabell came along (and that was a tropical storm) we didn't have power for 17 days.

They say the Carolina's will have a bad season-I hope not, but what can ya do-be prepared and stocked up. I'll be buying the generator soon as I had my house wired to run off the generator as well when building it. It's cool-open up the elecrtical panel-turn off the main, lock it in the off position, then plug in the generator to the outside plug-crank up generator-turn the other "on" switch in my panel...and walla-Power. I had it wired to run my downstairs AC as well, well it's wired to run everything as long as the gen is powerful enough....and it will be powerful enough.

I put my generator in and all wired up after the big ice storm 2 years ago ... haven't had to use it yet - still waiting for the day to fire that momo up! :D