[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League Advice w/IDP

If you are in the TINO league with me I trust you will not go any further than this. Thank You :D

I am in a first year Dynasty League w/IDP and this is MY first Dynasty League. We have a 40 man roster and are given 100 "dollars" for the first year and are given 75 each additional years. We can have up to 8 on the Taxi Squad this year and up to 13 each additional year. We also have some injured reserve spots. We have contract years that can not exceed 100 and a must allow at least 1 year for 40 players even if we carry less on the roster. A few questions.

1) Although my roster is full there are some players I am thinking about adding to my roster until its time for final cuts in case they may be better keepers than who I drafted. What would be a reasonable amount to spend on these additional players since I want to save money for later?

2) As far as assigning contacts, can you give some advice on how to spread out the years. Of course older players get few and studs get the majority but I am sure there is more to it than that.

I believe my entire team is in my sig except for my 2 kickers and the rookies I draft. They are Lendale White, Abdul Hodge, S Moss, Tarvaris Jackson, Travis Wilson, Tim Dobbins, Brandon Johnson, Charlie Peprah & Reed Doughty.

Thanks for any advice. Since some of the league are Huddlers feel free to PM me.

1) Although my roster is full there are some players I am thinking about adding to my roster until its time for final cuts in case they may be better keepers than who I drafted. What would be a reasonable amount to spend on these additional players since I want to save money for later?

Only spend money on players you want on your roster.

Obviously don't spend too much if your not sure if they will make the cut.

It also depends on what kind of free agent process your league goes through.

2) As far as assigning contacts, can you give some advice on how to spread out the years. Of course older players get few and studs get the majority but I am sure there is more to it than that.

You just need to basically go with your better judgement.

No one can tell you how many years to allocate to each player,

But obviously you wouldn't give Plummer a 6 year contract with Cutler coming in..

take things like that into consideration.

Edited by Piranha

Only spend money on players you want on your roster.

Obviously don't spend too much if your not sure if they will make the cut.

It also depends on what kind of free agent process your league goes through.

One thing I failed to ask about is once someone becomes a FA how much money should I try to have on hand to try to retain the players I want to keep. I know the other teams would go after a STUD, but I guess I have no idea on how agressive the bidding usually gets. Maybe there is no way of knowing and you just have to wait and see.

You can check out Dynasty Wars 2 and Dynasty Wars 3 and do a search for RFA05 or RFA06 and you will be able to see what players went for...I mention those 2 leagues specifically because they use the same $$(100 yr 1, 75 each yr after)