[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miller Brewing Co.

ABearWithFurniture

I've been there only once, but Milwaukee is one of my favorite cities. Great ethnic food. You can also tour Harley Davidson, I believe. The Brewers new ballpark is also very nice. One of the coolest bars/clubs I've ever been to is a place called "The Safe House". I need to get back there sometime.

Edited by General Itals

Geez, where to start....

Miller's tour is cool and you can't beat the price (free!); Lakefront has tours that involve more free alcohol but there is a fee.

The public museum is OK; the art museum is great - and even if you aren't into the arty stuff, just go to check out the Calatrava addition (the big white thing with wings), it's a world-famous piece of architecture. The Zoo is decent as well.

Water Street is where things happen - Fitzgibbons is mellow, Swig is fine by-the-plate dining, McGillycuddy's is the happenin' spot.

In the 3rd Ward, The Milwaukee Ale House is also pretty hopping and has riverfront dining. The Milwaukee Public Market is modeled on Seattle's Pike Place and reportedly pretty cool and good for people watching. Nanakusa was just ranked the best Japanese restaurant in the city by our local food critic.

Miller Park has a TGI Friday's that's open every day - good way to grab lunch and check out the ballpark at the same time.

:D That's just you basic primer. What can I say, it's a big city in the summer - if you like art, there's plenty of little galleries and smaller museums than the art or public museum to troll; if you like live music, plenty of venues to check out bands at; if you like brewery tours, Miller, Lakefront, and Sprecher will keep you MORE than occupied; if you like drinking/eating, just wander out of your hotel, we EXCEL in those two categories.

Sent ya a PM.