[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice on Driver for 12th pick trade

gahs7

Hi guys, should i trade the 12th pick in our draft for driver or hold it because there are really good players that can fall to 12. its a 8 player keeper league for 4 more years,

1pt per rec, 6pt for tds' 1pt per 10yds rec

we start

2rb's, 1 qb, 3rec, 1 te, 1 kicker , 1 def

my roster is

L.T

Westbrook

R.Wayne

Plaxico

Lelie

Gates

Rackers

here is the list of players available in our draft.

>

>

> warner

> bledsoe

> delhomme

> mcnair

> collins

> brunnell

> t.green

> cullpepper

> brooks

> vick

> brees

> farve

> kitna

> plummer

> rotheslesburger

> carr

> simms

> alex smith

> kelly holcumb

> billy voleck

> ramsey

> pennington

>

>

> rb's -

>

> Dayne

> m.barber

> chris brown

> t.henry

> greg jones

> gore

> barlow

> rhodes

>

> rookies rb's

>

> bush

> josepth Addi -colts

> dangelo Williams

> L.White

> L.Maroney

> M.Drew

>

>

> wr's -plenty of them

>

> Givens

> Parker

> Drew Bennett

> Booker

> Travis Taylor

> Reggie Brown

> Arnez Battle

> Scott Vines

> Troy Williams

> Koren Robinson

> Caldwell

> Mark Bradley

> P.Price

> B.Engram

> Bruce

> Mcardell

> Wilford

> Ferguson

> G.Lewis

> J.Smith

> Stokley

> Muhammed

> Burleson

> Toomer

> T.Glenn

> Coles

> J.Horn

> Key Johnson

> Moulds

> Kennison

> Jerry Porter

> J.Jurivicous

> M.Clayton

>

> rookies wr's

>

> Chad Jackson

> S.Holmes

> G.Jennings

> S.Moss

>

>

> TE

>

> V.Davis -rookie

> Pollard

> Mcmichael

> Stevens

> clark

> troupe

> wiggins

> Mercedes Lewis-rookie

>

> all defenses are available except the bears

>

> all kickers available except rackers

>

> i'm sure i missed some players

>

you're not going to do better than Driver in the draft.

As mentioned in several of your other posts, shoring up your 3rd WR spot is key for this team, and this trade accomplishes that.

RBs are thin in the draft so you won't be missing out there, there isn't a better WR available, you are set at TE and QBs are deep.

I think doing this trade will set you up well for this season... my question is this though... have keepers been set so you can keep Driver plus the 8 you have listed, or would you end up having to cut one of them in order to keep Driver?

you're not going to do better than Driver in the draft.

As mentioned in several of your other posts, shoring up your 3rd WR spot is key for this team, and this trade accomplishes that.

RBs are thin in the draft so you won't be missing out there, there isn't a better WR available, you are set at TE and QBs are deep.

I think doing this trade will set you up well for this season... my question is this though... have keepers been set so you can keep Driver plus the 8 you have listed, or would you end up having to cut one of them in order to keep Driver?

Good advice, and the question is very important, although losing Rackers for Driver is an easy decision.

or i can add a rookie rb that falls to 12 and there will be plenty of recievers in the 3rd and 4th round

I don't know, could someone like Brian Calhoun could fall. Maybe you could draft Leinhart, but even so I would still trade that pick for Driver. However, if you were in the top 4 I would advise not to trade it as you could get someone like Addai.

Hope that helps.

but guys like

dangelo Williams

> L.White

> L.Maroney

or some of those receivers, remember this is a keeper league, there will be some good receiver in the 3rd round, drafts always bring surprises and its good to hold a pick

but guys like

dangelo Williams

> L.White

> L.Maroney

or some of those receivers, remember this is a keeper league, there will be some good receiver in the 3rd round, drafts always bring surprises and its good to hold a pick

those RBS will not fall that far (96 players kept, no decent RBs available), and in most drafts, keeper or non-keeper, Driver is being taken ahead of any of the rookie RBs that could remotely have a chance of falling to you.

You will not find a talent as good and as solid (read, low risk compared to the WRs and rookie RBs) as Driver.

You would be entering the season with LT, Westbrook, Wayne, Driver, Burress and Gates as your core. That is a sick team. You have to play for this year sometimes, and this is the perfect example of making that move for the now. Heck, your keepers aren't that old either, so it is a good keeper core too.

It seems you are way overvaluing the keeper aspect of the league. It is only 8 players, and barring injury or setback to the incumbent, none of the rookie RBs are in prime situations to have an explosive year, meaning that they become high risk keepers.