[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV HD-Tivo

Egret

Just got my bill reduced from $48.99 a month to $38.99. Nothing like y'alls $250 credit, but I am small time...:D

The guy did offer me a free HD DVR, and free Super Fan if I got the Sunday Ticket at the early bird price of $229. Is that a good deal?

does it require a 2-year commitment? that's the deal i've read about on other boards. you won't own the HD tivo DVR, so you'd have to return it when you're done. but supposedly they'll replace it for free when the new HD DVR comes out. still, i'd take the deal.

does it require a 2-year commitment? that's the deal i've read about on other boards. you won't own the HD tivo DVR, so you'd have to return it when you're done. but supposedly they'll replace it for free when the new HD DVR comes out. still, i'd take the deal.

Well, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I was gonna wait until the new HD DVR came out. But...if the will replace it for free, maybe I should just do it. Do they charge a monthly rental fee since the DVR isn't yours?

I just called and got SuperFan for free, but the csr played dumb when I asked her about a free HD DVR. She said it was $499 with a $100 rebate. :D Anyone else get any free stuff? I love battling with those people for free crap.

Just got my bill reduced from $48.99 a month to $38.99. Nothing like y'alls $250 credit, but I am small time...:D

The guy did offer me a free HD DVR, and free Super Fan if I got the Sunday Ticket at the early bird price of $229. Is that a good deal?

I just called and got superfan for free with Sunday ticket at $209. Not sure what the difference is?

I just called and got SuperFan for free, but the csr played dumb when I asked her about a free HD DVR. She said it was $499 with a $100 rebate. :D Anyone else get any free stuff? I love battling with those people for free crap.

They had a promotion last August that gave you the HDDVR for $199 when you agreed to a year extension on your contract. I hopped all over that.

They had a promotion last August that gave you the HDDVR for $199 when you agreed to a year extension on your contract. I hopped all over that.

I bought one 2 yrs ago for $999. I was hoping to add a freebie.

sometimes you have to call back a few times.

someone else posted this thread last week

Well, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I was gonna wait until the new HD DVR came out. But...if the will replace it for free, maybe I should just do it. Do they charge a monthly rental fee since the DVR isn't yours?

no, no monthly rental fee. i also don't know if the replacement dvr becomes yours to own or is also a rental, which would be something else to consider.