[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking to kill some time?

Sigalf03

1st year dynasty league, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

Standard scoring, all TDs 6 except passing, NO PPR

We had a seperate rookie and entry draft, 1 drew the 12th spot (12 man league) in the entry with the first in the rookie

I traded my 1.01 in the rookie draft (bush) for 2.06 in the entry and a first and second round rookie pick in 2007

We have the following roster restrictions

4QB, 7RB, 7WR, 4TE, 2K

Also we have to drop down to 18 players after the season is over

Here is my rooster with the spots I drafted them

QB

P. Manning 2.06

C. Frye 13.12

C. Pennington 16.01

K. Clemens 2.12 ®

RB

W. McGahee 1.12

W. Parker 3.12

T. Bell 4.01

F. Gore 6.01

M. Anderson 11.12

S. Williams 19.12

W. Lundy 20.01

WR

S. Smith 2.01

D. Driver 5.12

M. Clayton (TB) 7.12

L. Coles 10.01

A. Bryant 12.01

S. Parker 17.12

E. Parker 18.01

TE

C. Cooley 8.01

R. McMichael 9.12

T. Sheffler 3.01 ®

K

M. Vanderjagt 14.01

J. Hall 22.01

DEF

Miami 15.12

New York Jets 21.12

My starting lineup would probably be

QB - P. Manning

RB - W. Mcgahee

RB - W. Parker (T. Bell)

WR - S. Smith

WR - D. Driver

TE - C. Cooley (R. McMichael)

K - M. Vanderjagt

DEF - Miami

Thanks in advance for all your input

Great work!! Getting Manning and two rookie picks for Bush was excellent!

Not sure about the Steve Smith pick in the 2nd round. I would probably have gone with Fitzgerald instead (I'm guessing he was still there). I'm also thinking that you took Parker a little early, but again, you needed the RB.

I think you STOLE Antonio Bryant and Sammie Parker...good picks there, and I also like you getting Clemens at the end of the 2nd round in the rookie draft. Coles in the 10th was a quality value pick as well.

Overall, great job!!

Edited by Funky Plutos

Great work!! Getting Manning and two rookie picks for Bush was excellent!

Not sure about the Steve Smith pick in the 2nd round. I would probably have gone with Fitzgerald instead (I'm guessing he was still there). I'm also thinking that you took Parker a little early, but again, you needed the RB.

I think you STOLE Antonio Bryant and Sammie Parker...good picks there, and I also like you getting Clemens at the end of the 2nd round in the rookie draft. Coles in the 10th was a quality value pick as well.

Overall, great job!!

Yea I questioned the S. Smith pick, I could have had any reciever but In my mind he is in his prime and while he may not duplicate what he did last year I feel he is still the #1 reciever. Im pretty happy with my team, got some good vets and lots of young guys with tons of potential....

• 2 weeks later...

If Bell/Parker/Gore or Anderson pan out to be a stud you rocked!!! Otherwise, you will need to gain some depth at RB.. From where you picked you built a very solid team; Manning has played 16 games forever, but I might look to get stonger in case something happens to him, I like the S.Smith pick, KJ will only make him stronger, overall sweet team you should be a team to beat to win it all.

Here are the grades I give you at each position

QB - A+ (manning baby)

RB - B- (your biggest source of concern. McGahee acted like a number three RB at times last year and Parker is also a #3RB. However, there is a price to pay to get Manning and I think you survived it quite well. Neither Parker or McGahee appear to be in a committee and you have upside with Gore and others)

WR - B+ (of course we all like SSmith and I really like Driver this year. I think he was a great value in the 5th round. I also like Clayton's chances of rebounding)

TE - B (Cooley and McMichael are both above average but just below the elite. However, Cooley could continue to get even better)

K - as always - who cares

DST - C (Dolphins are average with some upside if they continue their improvement)

Overall, you should be very happy with this team. Like I said, you took Manning and paid a slight RB price to get him. However, you have two starting RBs and upside potential with some young RB guns that could help your team for years to come.

Here are the grades I give you at each position

QB - A+ (manning baby)

RB - B- (your biggest source of concern. McGahee acted like a number three RB at times last year and Parker is also a #3RB. However, there is a price to pay to get Manning and I think you survived it quite well. Neither Parker or McGahee appear to be in a committee and you have upside with Gore and others)

WR - B+ (of course we all like SSmith and I really like Driver this year. I think he was a great value in the 5th round. I also like Clayton's chances of rebounding)

TE - B (Cooley and McMichael are both above average but just below the elite. However, Cooley could continue to get even better)

K - as always - who cares

DST - C (Dolphins are average with some upside if they continue their improvement)

Overall, you should be very happy with this team. Like I said, you took Manning and paid a slight RB price to get him. However, you have two starting RBs and upside potential with some young RB guns that could help your team for years to come.

Thanks for the insight spinal tap, very thought out response and much appreciated.