[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Question

whomper

:D Thanks Ursa and all..Just did what you said and was able to do it..

You're welcome.

Just for the sake of completeness, use the same method with Excel files too. If PDF forms arrive, you will need a copy of Adobe Writer to edit a PDF.

You're welcome.

Just for the sake of completeness, use the same method with Excel files too. If PDF forms arrive, you will need a copy of Adobe Writer to edit a PDF.

Ursa don't even bring up a PDF edit; they'll conquer that in the next decade.

If PDF forms arrive, you will need a copy of Adobe Writer to edit a PDF.

well...i believe if it's a form-fillable pdf, you can fill it out with the free reader and print it. you just can't save it. BUT...if you had something like the most current MS office suite, which contains the ms office "document image writer" as a "printer", then you could, in effect, "save" the filled out version to send back to them.

well...i believe if it's a form-fillable pdf, you can fill it out with the free reader and print it. you just can't save it. BUT...if you had something like the most current MS office suite, which contains the ms office "document image writer" as a "printer", then you could, in effect, "save" the filled out version to send back to them.

Good point, except Microsoft is removing that capability from the next office version under pressure from Adobe. I just found out at the end of last week. There is apparently some question about whether MS will make it available on their web site for addition as an Office Add-on, but Adobe are against that also, obviously.

The form fillable ones are cool, but few clients will use them, I suspect.

Good point, except Microsoft is removing that capability from the next office version under pressure from Adobe. I just found out at the end of last week. There is apparently some question about whether MS will make it available on their web site for addition as an Office Add-on, but Adobe are against that also, obviously.

there is a big broo-ha-ha between microsoft and adobe right now regarding the next version of windows/office being able to author and create PDF files. i believe it has lead to microsoft creating their own version of the "generic" document and trying to change the standard.

microsoft is really scrapping right now. gates is gone and i don't know about you, but i don't think too many people are going to be jumping on vista right away.

there is a big broo-ha-ha between microsoft and adobe right now regarding the next version of windows/office being able to author and create PDF files. i believe it has lead to microsoft creating their own version of the "generic" document and trying to change the standard.

microsoft is really scrapping right now. gates is gone and i don't know about you, but i don't think too many people are going to be jumping on vista right away.

It will be 2008 minimum before we even contemplate going to Vista and even then it will be because the OS comes with a new fleet of desktops / laptops.

Microsoft can be "pressured" into doing something they don't want to? :D

Adobe better have good patent protection...

Microsoft can be "pressured" into doing something they don't want to? :D

Adobe better have good patent protection...

Microsoft routinely loses cases like this. Their great talents are in presentation of the user interface and marketing.

That said, if it wasn't for Microsoft, we'd all still be using a pen and paper for everything and submitting computing tasks to the mainframe guys to run. The beard and sandals :D brigade would never have been able to bring computing to the masses - nor would they have wanted to.