[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP IMPACT ZONE (#2)

Impact Zone #2 is:

Akin Ayodele vs Bradie James

one of the more obscure matchups but dallas will be playing a 3/4 and these are the 2 ILBs with Ayodele coming over from the Jags in the off season

So how will Ayodele impact James stats?

Impact Zone #3 will be Abraham/Kerney

Edited by keggerz

This is what Pacells says

In fact, Ayodele reminds Parcells of a few players he coached with the New York Giants when they were winning Super Bowl, mostly thanks to their stout defense.

"We're going to play him at the inside linebacker position on the weak side," Parcells said of Ayodele. "That's the position Harry Carson played when Carl [banks] was playing, and that is what we expect to be our high-producing, tackling machine, so to speak. Because in the defense that we play, the 3-4, the teams really don't run to the weak side very effectively against the 3-4. There are not that many schemes that they employ versus the 3-4 on the weak side.

"So as a result, a lot of the plays are going away from that player, and it allows him to run. He's going to get the opportunity to be in pursuit quickly a lot of the time, and so anyone that is in that pursuit quickly is expected to produce at a high level. That's really where we're going to try to play him, where we played Harry and for a little while Pepper [Johnson], and Marvin Jones when I was with the Jets, guys like that who could run and hit pretty well."

Tough to say what Ayodele is going to do inside when he's been outside in Jax. Akin had a few decent seasons (88 solos in 03) before regressing last season. Nothing spectacular, but Dallas sure went after him quickly. He does add a few sacks though and he does play next to Ware which should help him out with tackles and sacks.

Now Bradie James looks like a solid late pick this year. He's manning the better ILB position so more tackles should go his way by scheme. He started off slow, but flashed some ability. 12 solos against Philly last year really sticks out. But he does seem to lack consistency.

There should be tackles going to the LBs because the Dallas defensive front lacks depth and simply because it's a 3-4. Ferguson is old and has no depth behind him. Spears is a mountain, but hasn't produced tackles. Ellis is solid, but will give way to Canty's pass rush. Dallas plays alot of running teams this year matching up against the NFC South.

Final verdict, James only 73 solos manning this position with Scott Shanle playing next to him. Shanle only managed 34 solos, James should of done more really. So I look at Ayodele as a huge upgrade. Akin has produced a few decent seasons on the outside, he will do more on the inside (weak really). I see James producing at the same level. Ayodele will take away from the DB tackles though.

I think they will be close and James should nose Akin out, but Parcells' statement comparing the WILB to Harry Carson made me drfat Akin. I would say upper 70's to lower 80's and 20 assists. 3 sacks.

IMHO I think Dallas is on the verge of having a very very good defense. I think Akin will improve the linebacking situation alot and that his addition will improve the performance of all around him. I don't know alot of about either linebacker but would assume from Parcells quotes that Akin will be the stronger fantasy producer but Bradie James will get his fair share and could be a solid #3 LB.

my 2 cents

I don't know alot of about either linebacker but would assume from Parcells quotes that Akin will be the stronger fantasy producer but Bradie James will get his fair share and could be a solid #3 LB.

You can't say any of the Dallas LBs will have fantasy value because there is a good chance that none of them will get over 60 tackles. Just look at who they've got in Carpenter, James, Ayodele, Ware side by side. I'd stay away fantasy wise and as an NFL offense as well.

You can't say any of the Dallas LBs will have fantasy value because there is a good chance that none of them will get over 60 tackles. Just look at who they've got in Carpenter, James, Ayodele, Ware side by side. I'd stay away fantasy wise and as an NFL offense as well.

Good. People like me will get them last as #5 or 6 LB'ers then.