[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redraft # 10 pick Who should I target

matykus

Which one of these rb would you take?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which rb at # pick

• Caddy
    • Jordan
    • Johnson
    • Brown(he will be gone by then but)
    • Other (who else)

this is a lame thread. rank your players and take the best ones left when your pick comes up. if this poll is overwhelmingly in favor of a player, does that do you any good? if he's picked before your turn comes up, you are screwed. if he's available when your turn comes up, you will still be scanning everyone else to see if someone better is there.

when o' when will the off-season end ...

Edited by tonorator

I don't mind the question (and I voted for Rudi), but you don't want to get hung up on what a player's "value" is. When you do that, you fall into the trap of taking players that you're really not that high on because you feel like you can't pass them up.

That happened to me in one of my 2004 drafts. Fred Taylor was projected to be the 8th or 9th player taken overall. However, I live in Jax and I had serious concerns about the Jags' offense in general and their running game in particular. A miserable preseason did nothing but reinforce that opinion.

Nonetheless, there I was with the 6th overall pick in a 12 team snake draft, and when my 2nd round pick (19th overall) came up, guess who had slid in the draft? My plan all along was to take the best back available in the first round (which turned out to be Edge) and an elite WR in the second. However, I panicked when I saw Freddie there and felt like I had to take him. So I did and ended up passing on both of the guys that I REALLY wanted at that spot: Owens and Holt.

The rest of my draft was a disaster and so was my season. However, it was one of the best lessons I ever learned and I rebounded last year to have my strongest draft ever and win my league.

I don't mind the question (and I voted for Rudi), but you don't want to get hung up on what a player's "value" is. When you do that, you fall into the trap of taking players that you're really not that high on because you feel like you can't pass them up.

another way of saying this is to do good research and develop value ratings that you can trust during a draft. that way, you should never panic, but just make solid choices and hopefully take advantage of the panic of others.

easier said than done!

another way of saying this is to do good research and develop value ratings that you can trust during a draft. that way, you should never panic, but just make solid choices and hopefully take advantage of the panic of others.

easier said than done!

always wear the poker face and realize you can always get the players you want....just start picking up on the position "runs"....and try not to get too caught up in them

try to start the position runs and then jump out and stay one step ahead...