[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help - 16 team dynasty

I would be getting Portis & Walter. At 1st glance I know this seems like a no brainer but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. It's IDP, Ed Reed is also part of the deal I left out of the topic description. I would be giving him up as well.

A ) This forum for the most part is very down on lewis. Understandably so. I happen to fall in the minority and believe he still has something left. We all knew he would fall off after the 2000y season but I don't think most of us expected what we saw last year. IMO alot can be said for McNair taking some of the load off Lewis with the ability to stretch the field. I think if he has anything left we'll see it this season.

B ) Stallworth is in a contract yr and from what's being reported he's budding heads with Payton and could be on his way out of new orleans. He's possibly got a bum shoulder but he's not bad depth and if he does leave and ends up on the right team next season his value could increase. He's shown flashes and is a solid #2 option for bye weeks.

C ) The 1.2 has nice value. Rookies are tough to project but I have my choice of the field after bush goes.

Or go with it, add Portis and ride him and SJax until the wheels fall off. Am I overthinking this one?

I disagree. I think you're giving up too much. You'd be losing two runningbacks while only gaining one. Though Portis is more of a sure things than Lewis, I'm not one who thinks Lewis is all done. I expect him to have numbers this year in a revitalized offense that will rival those of Portis. And the draft pick is equiavalent to a young RB such as Maroney who would likely be a starter in the not-so-distant future. Walter only has real worth if you already have Brooks, but even then I wouldn't go out on a limb too far there. If he doesn't get to start at some point before the tandem of Moss/Porter breaks up (which it probably will before too long), then his value could easily be zero. Even with Brooks I'd consider the loss of the combination of Stallworth and Reed for him to be even at best.

Edited by Crazysight

I disagree. I think you're giving up too much. You'd be losing two runningbacks while only gaining one. Though Portis is more of a sure things than Lewis, I'm not one who thinks Lewis is all done. I expect him to have numbers this year in a revitalized offense that will rival those of Portis. And the draft pick is equiavalent to a young RB such as Maroney who would likely be a starter in the not-so-distant future. Walter only has real worth if you already have Brooks, but even then I wouldn't go out on a limb too far there. If he doesn't get to start at some point before the tandem of Moss/Porter breaks up (which it probably will before too long), then his value could easily be zero. Even with Brooks I'd consider the loss of the combination of Stallworth and Reed for him to be even at best.

i disagree. a backfield of portis and jackson in a 16 team dynasty? that is a no-brainer. jamal "my best years are behind me" lewis and an unproven rookie back would not stop me from having these two to build my team around for years to come.

Good point...I did overlook that this was a 16 team dynasty and that he already had S. Jackson. He would be sacrificing some depth from it in a league that wouldn't have much, but this does look like a good deal for you with that in mind. I reverse my decision and say you should do it.

I went back and forth about this one before deciding what advice to give. The players you are giving up only include one true stud and that is Ed Reed. In a lot of leagues the difference between the top IDP and the 30th is much smalled then that difference at RB.

You were worried about Stallworth breaking out, I am one of those believers every year, it hasn't happened yet, will it ever actually happen?

This trade gives you two young stud RB's which in that big of a league gives you a nice advantage. Make the trade.

Ok - no deal executed yet. I started talking to another owner that has ronnie brown.

Do you think lewis & 1.2 rookie pick for r brown is a better deal than the one i originally posted?

That would break down to being about the same as what i was offering for the portis package minus stallworth & ed reed on my side - walter on his side. portis is the better back at this point but i don't have to give up as much in the 2nd proposal. Keep in mind it's IDP, Ed Reed was the #1 IDP in alot of leagues 2 years ago so holding him would be nice.

Ok - no deal executed yet. I started talking to another owner that has ronnie brown.

Do you think lewis & 1.2 rookie pick for r brown is a better deal than the one i originally posted?

That would break down to being about the same as what i was offering for the portis package minus stallworth & ed reed on my side - walter on his side. portis is the better back at this point but i don't have to give up as much in the 2nd proposal. Keep in mind it's IDP, Ed Reed was the #1 IDP in alot of leagues 2 years ago so holding him would be nice.

they are both good deals. personally, i would go for portis - i value him much more than brown, who has yet to carry the full load.

I agreed with the first deal, I like the second one much better. Ronnie Brown will be a stud.