[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper help!

In my league, we get to choose three keepers from the year before. Here is my team:

Garrard, David JAC QB

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Davis, Domanick HOU RB

Gado, Samkon GBP RB

Green, Ahman GBP RB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Williams, Ricky FA RB

Branch, Deion NEP WR

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Feely, Jay NYG PK

Rackers, Neil ARI PK

Quarles, Shelton TBB LB

Thurman, Odell CIN LB

Trotter, Jeremiah PHI LB

Vasher, Nathan CHI CB

Williams, Darrent DEN CB

My thinking is that I would keep Peyton Manning, Steve Smith, and Dominick Davis. I also have the possibility of trading Steve Smith for Edgerrin James or Rudi Johnson. Our league rules require that we start only one QB and then 6 offensive flex positions (any combination of RBs, WRs, & TEs).

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Do not know your scoring system but my first thought would be to make the trade with Steve Smith for Edge or Rudi. You do not have a #1 RB. D Davis is a ? and FWP is a good #2 back. So I guess I would go Peyton if it is 6 pts per TD, FWP and trade Steve Smith. If you think DD is going to be ok then take him over FWP.

Could you trade Peyton for a RB and keep Smith? Scoring system would help.

Our scoring system is, for the most part, standard. We do give points for receptions, yardage, and length of TD as well. I also considered offering Smith and Davis for Johnson and James.

If you are talking about Smith and DD for Rudi and Edge, heck yeah but do not expect that to happen unless hes crazy.

Our scoring system is, for the most part, standard. We do give points for receptions, yardage, and length of TD as well. I also considered offering Smith and Davis for Johnson and James.

I would think twice about trading Steve Smith in a keeper league for any back other than one of the Big 3 (and possibly Portis) under those scoring rules. Rudi doesn't catch the ball, Edge is going to age fast in Arizona, and neither one of them is exactly known for breaking off big TD runs these days.

Edited by tomfin2000

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say keep Smith, Parker, and DD.

Its highly likely that in a 10 or 12 person league that the top 15 RB will almost all be kept. With Smith, you have 3 of your 6 flex positions filled. All three will help you for years to come. Its probable that only the top 4 or 5 QBs will be kept, so you will still have plenty of choice there. You could draft a Bledsoe or a Hasselback if you kept Parker, but if you kept Peyton and left Parker, you'd be likely staring at Kevin Jones or Chester Taylor as the best RB availble.

DD, Parker, and Stevey. Under the same logic, you could sub out Parker for Plaxico.