[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Rankings

each team has ONE starting running back and THREE starting receivers

That's when I stopped reading. :D

They must be a little behind the times, someone should clue them in on the new phenomonon called RBBC.

Precisely why I only visit the huddle.

How many teams realistically use RBBC? Maybe 10% of NFL teams? Not exactly a "new phenomenon" if you ask me.

Also, if you look at the phrasing, he said "one starting running back". Even if a team uses RBBC, they can only start one. Not to be a dick, but you started it.

I love the huddle, but its always good to have multiple perspectives.

How many teams realistically use RBBC? Maybe 10% of NFL teams? Not exactly a "new phenomenon" if you ask me.

Also, if you look at the phrasing, he said "one starting running back". Even if a team uses RBBC, they can only start one. Not to be a dick, but you started it.

I love the huddle, but its always good to have multiple perspectives.

Ahhh, you see, you missed the sarcasm in the "new phenomenon" comment. That's OK, I'll attribute it to the fact that you're a newbie.

Now, before you start jumping up and down and yelling and screaming that you've been into fantasy football for 32 years and are by no means a newbie, I'll have you know that I'm kidding. Sort of. :D

One more thing before I completely overwhelm you with my fantasy football acumen, personal brilliance, and astounding knowledge, posting links to other FF websites is frowned upon by the admins, so you can expect the flack like you received from me when you post them.

Let me ask you a question, since you don't want to be a dick but decided to get cute by looking at the phrasing, how many teams start 3 WR's? Not many, unless they're in passing situation and go to a 3 WR set. But those are just semantics, right?

Now, as far as 10% of teams using RBBC, that would mean that 3 teams use RBBC. Shall we have a looksie, being that you like looking at the phrasing?

RBBC's in:

ATL - Dunn and Duckett

DAL - JJ and Barber

MIN - Taylor and Moore

BAL - Lewis and Anderson

IND - Addai and Rhodes

SF - Gore and Barlow

CHI - Jones and Benson

NO - Bush and McAllister

CAR - Williams and Foster

NYJ - CuMar and Blaylock and Houston

GB - Green and Gado and Davenport

TEN - White and Henry and Brown

DEN - Bell and Dayne

I'd be willing to bet that we have a little more than 10%, would you agree?

Not to be a dick, but I just figured I'd make a few points, being that I started it and all.

:D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Wow, they have Chambers at #8?! Don't get me wrong, Chambers is one of my favorite players, playing for my favorite team, but no way should he be at 8. And what's up with Moss at #9? He's deffinitely top 5 this year.

Edited by Flip_Side

Ok, point taken on the RBBC...sort of. For the most part on the teams you mentioned, one of the RBs is the clear feature back and one is more of a change of pace, 3rd down, goal line type back. Which I agree sucks for fantasy football but is not really a "committee", more of an understudy approach. Also, a few that you mentioned were merely teams without a defined starter at this point, but that could change subject to camp position battles and performance.

But really the point is that there are more quality WRs out there whereas RBs are a scarce commodity, and hence one should always draft RB first. Which I think we can all agree on.

And why, why can't we just all get along? :D

Ahhh, you see, you missed the sarcasm in the "new phenomenon" comment. That's OK, I'll attribute it to the fact that you're a newbie.

Now, before you start jumping up and down and yelling and screaming that you've been into fantasy football for 32 years and are by no means a newbie, I'll have you know that I'm kidding. Sort of. :D

One more thing before I completely overwhelm you with my fantasy football acumen, personal brilliance, and astounding knowledge, posting links to other FF websites is frowned upon by the admins, so you can expect the flack like you received from me when you post them.

Let me ask you a question, since you don't want to be a dick but decided to get cute by looking at the phrasing, how many teams start 3 WR's? Not many, unless they're in passing situation and go to a 3 WR set. But those are just semantics, right?

Now, as far as 10% of teams using RBBC, that would mean that 3 teams use RBBC. Shall we have a looksie, being that you like looking at the phrasing?

RBBC's in:

ATL - Dunn and Duckett

DAL - JJ and Barber

MIN - Taylor and Moore

BAL - Lewis and Anderson

IND - Addai and Rhodes

SF - Gore and Barlow

CHI - Jones and Benson

NO - Bush and McAllister

CAR - Williams and Foster

NYJ - CuMar and Blaylock and Houston

GB - Green and Gado and Davenport

TEN - White and Henry and Brown

DEN - Bell and Dayne

I'd be willing to bet that we have a little more than 10%, would you agree?

Not to be a dick, but I just figured I'd make a few points, being that I started it and all.

there has never been more RBBC than now -- of course what do I know -- I don't have enough posts

Ok, point taken on the RBBC...sort of. For the most part on the teams you mentioned, one of the RBs is the clear feature back and one is more of a change of pace, 3rd down, goal line type back. Which I agree sucks for fantasy football but is not really a "committee", more of an understudy approach. Also, a few that you mentioned were merely teams without a defined starter at this point, but that could change subject to camp position battles and performance.

But really the point is that there are more quality WRs out there whereas RBs are a scarce commodity, and hence one should always draft RB first. Which I think we can all agree on.

And why, why can't we just all get along? :D

There are also some teams that currently have a feature back, that will merge into a RBBC when that feature back flounders or gets hurt. But anywho, I think we all get the point.

And I don't disagree about drafting RB's. I'm a hugh RB fan, and usually draft 2 RB's before any WR's, almost regardless of my draft slot. I just found his phrasing kind of dumb, almost like he was talking FF for dummies. Nothing personal, but I've checked out a lot of FF websites over the years, and none of them can hold the Huddle's jock imo.

And BTW, this is getting along, just wait until we really disagree. :D