[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush *and* Deuce?

yo mama

12 team, 2 player keeper league with PPR and individual points in the return game. Keeping LT2 and Steve Smith. Picking next at 3.11, again at 4.2, and so on. Not all teams keeping 2 players. Must start 2 RBs and 3 WR/TE flex.

With RB1 and WR1 cemented, I'm need RB2 and maybe even RB3 at the 3/4 turn. Deuce McAllister will be thrown back, and I've noticed he is lasting until the 4th and even 5th rounds of some recent mocks. Reggie Bush could realisticly be available at 3.11. Hypothetically, if I took Bush at 3.11 what do you think about thereafter adding Deuce at 4.2? I'd be forced into grabbing QB1 and WR2 at the 5/6 turn, but I'm really comfortable with the kind of value likely available there.

Some of the pros I see:

- you get Bush, who is a consensus sweet pick in keeper/dynasty leagues.

- you've got both halves of the NO running game.

- NO has a soft schedule against the run.

- NO has a new QB whose shoulder may not be 100%, therefore, it is conceivable that both RBs could be heavily involved, ala Holmes/Johnson early last year and Williams/Brown later on.

Cons:

- potential RBBC all year long.

- Basically spending two very early picks to fill only one active roster spot.

- Will be forced to rely on a #4 or #5 RB to fill bye weeks and injuries.

I'm not considering this seriously, but I thought it was at least worthy of discussion.

Both of them make me nervous. We may be looking at a lengthy holdout for Bush and we still don't know what kind of condition Duece will be in when the season starts. Neither one of them may be very productive until the second half of the season. As bizzare as it sounds, we might see Bennett getting a lot of work early on.

Why is this stupid?

The likelihood is that 1 of the first 3 RBs you pick will bust anyway, you might as well pick an RBBC that could very well evaporate by the end of the season.

It's a risk if the Saints are generally poopy next season and they can't run the football, but I find it hard to believe that they will be in that situation with the talent available.