[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holla I have the 9th pick in a 12 team...serpentine

Tboogs

What should my strategy be? I think realistically I'm am looking at SJax, Ronnie Brown & Cadillac...I really hope Sjax is there but I doubt it..

Should I go RB-WR-RB or RB-RB-WR???

6pts Td & 4pts for passing TD...

Thanks fellas ...just trying to get some opinions.

BTW this is my 1st post of the season...YES!

I like RB-WR-RB from that position. By the time the draft snakes back around to you for your second pick, you can either take a talented but very risky RB that's coming off a dispointing season like McGahee, K. Jones, or J. Jones or you can take an undisputed Tier 1 WR (I've seen all of them but Smith fall that far in mocks).

On the way back in the 3rd you can still get a guy like Parker, Bell, Lewis, Droughns, C. Taylor, etc. Most of those guys project to be solid RB2s.

In exchange for passing up on an RB2 with a little more upside but just as much risk in the 2nd round, you'll have a gambreaking stud WR that can put up monster games on any given week.

Edited by tomfin2000

I like RB-WR-RB from that position. By the time the draft snakes back around to you for your second pick, you can either take a talented but very risky RB that's coming off a dispointing season like McGahee, K. Jones, or J. Jones or you can take an undisputed Tier 1 WR (I've seen all of them but Smith fall that far in mocks).

On the way back in the 3rd you can still get a guy like Parker, Bell, Lewis, Droughns, C. Taylor, etc. Most of those guys project to be solid RB2s.

In exchange for passing up on an RB2 with a little more upside but just as much risk in the 2nd round, you'll have a gambreaking stud WR that can put up monster games on any given week.

Thanks maybe i can get a Steve Smith or Holt in the 2nd round...any other opinions?

Thanks!

Steve Smith probably won't be there in the second round for you, but I'd bet Holt, Johnson or Fitz will be there.

Then with the third round pick you should be able to grab a Chester Taylor, Droughns or hope that a Kevin Jones/Jamal Lewis fall to you. That would give you a solid RB#1, decent RB#2 and a top tier WR#1.

But as always, depends on what everyone else does and what falls to you, I would never go into a draft saying that I'm taking RB,WR,RB or any set order.

Steve Smith probably won't be there in the second round for you, but I'd bet Holt, Johnson or Fitz will be there.

Then with the third round pick you should be able to grab a Chester Taylor, Droughns or hope that a Kevin Jones/Jamal Lewis fall to you. That would give you a solid RB#1, decent RB#2 and a top tier WR#1.

But as always, depends on what everyone else does and what falls to you, I would never go into a draft saying that I'm taking RB,WR,RB or any set order.

thanks! Who do you think I will end up with in the 9 hole in the 1st round?

You are in a great spot with the ninth pick. You can get a decent number one running back in S. Jackson or the Cadillac. In the second round, I would take one of the top RB's left. You may end up with Rudi Johnson. I think there will be a run on tier 1 WR's in the second round and if Johnson is not there then Jordan, Westbrook, Davis or McGahee. In the third round when other people are going after the left over RB's you can have a choice of R. Wayne, D. Driver or C. Chambers.

You are in a great spot with the ninth pick. You can get a decent number one running back in S. Jackson or the Cadillac. In the second round, I would take one of the top RB's left. You may end up with Rudi Johnson. I think there will be a run on tier 1 WR's in the second round and if Johnson is not there then Jordan, Westbrook, Davis or McGahee. In the third round when other people are going after the left over RB's you can have a choice of R. Wayne, D. Driver or C. Chambers.

What about P. Manning at the 9 hole in the 1st round? His schedule is pretty easy...

I agree with Sportsfan...go RB and see who is there for your #2 RB. If a run starts at 11 or 12 and continues, you could happily surpriesed to get a Rudi or Lamont there. Rudi is slimmer and quicker this year, Chris Perry is coming off of injury and Rudi has been super consistent with about 1500 yards and 12 TD per year. You will still have the option to go with a WR if the RB pool starts slipping away early in Round 2.