[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O.

pirate

Guy is a schmuck.

You're a schmuck, T.O. is frikin BEAST. Did he prove anything with McNabb and 1200 yards with 14 TDs was uhhh.. Pretty dang good. Same situation. Weak supporting cast with a good TE. Running back with durability issues. QB who has put up decent numbers befoe and now will explode. The difference Parcells that's why he'll stay on the team, that and Jerry Jones wants a frikin SB. T.O. will be a beast this season.

Edited by broncosn05

Well that is where you and I differ. I too dislike TO for the most part, but he is a helluva player and that is all that matters to me. Could he get in a scuffle with Bledsoe or Parcels? Surely, in fact, it probably will happen. However, I think this year he will learn to solve his probems sooner than later. I will root for him to do well on one of my teams but I won't have to like him.

:D

For instance, I'm a Steeler fan. I drafted 4 Ravens in a mock draft. I hate the Ravens with a passion, but I still drafted who I thought was the best player on the board for my needs at the time. I hope it doesn't work out that way in a real draft, but if it does, so be it. Gotta love FF for this reason amongst many others!

:D

For instance, I'm a Steeler fan. I drafted 4 Ravens in a mock draft. I hate the Ravens with a passion, but I still drafted who I thought was the best player on the board for my needs at the time. I hope it doesn't work out that way in a real draft, but if it does, so be it. Gotta love FF for this reason amongst many others!

Yup.

But there is no way that he is the 8-10th most talented WR and that is what counts these days. He is a jerk but a talented jerk none the less. That said, I might take Chad Johnson over him but that is it.

Really? How much better is he than Holt, Smith, Harrison, Boldin, Fitz, Johnson or any of the other Tier 1 Wrs? I'll concede that when he is at his best, he has all the tools to be the best of the bunch. But is the difference really that drastic to ignore all the off-the-field issues, the negative baggage he brings with him? Not hank you, I'll take any of the above 1st....doesn't mean I wouldn't take him 8th-10th, but he definitely wouldn't be my first choice for WRs.

And to compare what he might do in Dallas to what he did in Philly is 1st year isn't really that fair. In Philly, he was THE go-to guy 100%, with a QB who was mobile enough to avoid the pressure and hit him for some long TDs. He had the same situation in San Fran with Garcia and Young. Look at the highlights of his time in Philly...many of his great plays came from busted plays where McNabb bought time, and found him.

How much time is Bledsoe gonna create? How many looks are Glenn/Witten going to steal, where in Philly there was no one else but him? I do think he will have a good year....1400/10 TDs. But it will be no more productive than any of the others mentioned above.

Thus, all things equal, I'd rather root for the good guys rather than the buffoon.

You're a schmuck, T.O. is frikin BEAST. Did he prove anything with McNabb and 1200 yards with 14 TDs was uhhh.. Pretty dang good. Same situation. T.O. will be a beast this season.

Thanks for the compliment...strike a nerve, did I?

But no reason for blind inobjectivity. It is no where near the same situation. T.O has thrived with QBs that can scramble from the pockt, buy some time for him to break free, and hit him for long gains. McNabb was that guy. Garcia and Young were those guys. Bledsoe is definitely NOT that guy.

Bledsoe has another WR Terry Glenn, that he has tremendous rapport with, and will not hesitate using in any situation. He has a solid TE in Witten. Neither existed in Philly...there was no decent #2 WR, no pass-catching TE ( Chad Lewis caught about 20-25 balls a year). T.O was the center of the offense.

All this being said, I do think he has a great year....but nothing to separate him from everyone else in the top tier of WRs. Any one of them could post 1300-1400/12 TD seasons.

The title of this thread was "TO, top draft pick"....is he top 10? Absolutely. Top 5? Probably? The #1 guy? Not with the baggage that comes with him, IMO.