[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Happens When Warner Get Hurt?

Endzone

i have had the same thought - even the most poised mature rookie qb's often have trouble adjusting to the speed of the game.

some numbers highly thought of rookies posted year one:

Eli - 9 games

48% Pct

6 TD

9 INT

1 Fum

Carr - 16 games

52% Pct

9 TD

15 INT

7 Fum

Vick - 8 games

44% Pct

2 TD

3 INT

5 Fum

Big Ben was solid but he's more exception than rule imo. Most struggle.

i have had the same thought - even the most poised mature rookie qb's often have trouble adjusting to the speed of the game.

some numbers highly thought of rookies posted year one:

Eli - 9 games

48% Pct

6 TD

9 INT

1 Fum

Carr - 16 games

52% Pct

9 TD

15 INT

7 Fum

Vick - 8 games

44% Pct

2 TD

3 INT

5 Fum

Big Ben was solid but he's more exception than rule imo. Most struggle.

I agree that most struggle, but with Leinart he has the offense to surround him which will help. None of the QB's you mentioned had a well balanced offence like the Cards will have this year.

I have a feeling Leinart is going to be a disaster. Maybe not a career bust, just this season, adjusting to the speed of the game and buckling down. I think he's full of himself and thinks he is better than he really is. He had good protection at USC against college-level pass rushers. When NFL-caliber DEs are in his face and he has to get rid of the ball quickly and make the correct read, I predict bad things happening. I think it will be the usual rookie growing pains and then some. Then in the offseason he'll work his ass off and be somewhat respectable next year.

IMO Boldin and Fitz both will plummet in value once Warner gets hurt. They both perform like #1 WRs now; what happens when there isn't enough production to go around? I'm seeing a lot of 3 and outs...

On the other hand we keep talking about Warner like it's a foregone conclusion that he will miss time. There is a chance he plays the whole season or only misses a few games. In that case the WRs would be okay. It's just risky betting on that though.

As far as Edge, I don't want any part of him. Especially where he's being drafted. I would take Brown, Caddy, SJax, Jordan, and Rudi ahead of him. Possibly even Westbrook. That means I'm not touching him in the 1st round and I'm happy he's gone when I pick again in the second. AZ's o-line is not Indy's, not even close. And if Warner gets hurt, defenses will stack 8 in the box. No thanks.