[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#3 Pick in keeper league - who would you take?

cclevine1025

I have the 3rd overall pick in our draft coming up. It's a keeper league with the usual performance scoring: 1/10 rush & receive; 1/20 passing; 1 per reception. We keep 2 players from the previous year's roster and the players I kept are LJ and Gates. Arguably I have the best RB in football and the best TE on my team already, so out of this list who should I pick at #3, assuming Tomlinson & Alexander go 1 & 2?

Tiki Barber

Clinton Portis

Ronnie Brown

Rudi Johnson

Edge, Steven Jackson, and Cadillac Williams are already on other teams rosters and aren't in the draft this year.

I'm leaning towards Ronnie Brown mainly because of Portis' shoulder injury and not knowing for sure that he will not aggravate it again once the season starts and I'm just not sure that the Giants are going to be that dedicated to running the ball now that Eli is coming into his 2nd full season as a starter.

Any suggestions?

I'm leaning towards Ronnie Brown mainly because of Portis' shoulder injury and not knowing for sure that he will not aggravate it again once the season starts and I'm just not sure that the Giants are going to be that dedicated to running the ball now that Eli is coming into his 2nd full season as a starter.

Any suggestions?

I'd agree with your thought process.

I would actually go with Tiki... Especially in a PPR league... You already have keepers after this year with LJ and Gates... Ronnie Brown has a lot of possibilities, but his season depends on Culpepper's health.... I would go with Tiki, its a safer pick and you know what you are getting with him.... Look at his stats last year then you will know you want him...