[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones favorite to start Week 1

PaulOttCarruth

TJ will run and never look back this season...................as long as the hamstring holds up all year.

I beg to differ. No matter how good TJ is this season when Benson is health we will get the rock to prove what he can do. They need to know what they have in Benson. He will be given a chance.

I beg to differ. No matter how good TJ is this season when Benson is health we will get the rock to prove what he can do. They need to know what they have in Benson. He will be given a chance.

I would agree if the Bears weren't a playoff-level team. They aren't in a situation where they can experiment and plug in a player just to "see what they have." They're going to start the best RB. Period.

My position on this is that C Benson is a primma donna that thinks because he was a 1st rounder that he "deserves" to be on the field. TJ has proven since coming to Chicago (a perfect fit for his skill set) that he is the man. Perhaps, Benson is a bigger back, but TJ runs hard, catches the ball and makes things happen when he gets the ball.

He knows full well that Benson (because of his lofty salary not his proven talent) is breathing down his neck. TJ will prosper from the challenge as he did last year, and barring (not if but when) an injury should keep the first team status. I think TJ is the better option for this year.

TJ should boom against GB, then Detroit, then Minny. Even if the Bears win 2 of those 3 they probably won't want to mix things up too much.

Assuming he fairs remotely well against those teams, and the Bears are winning, it will be a very slow transition to Benson.