[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Roethlisberger is having surgery right now.

Skippy

I'm seeing a third place finish in the division behind the Bengals and Ravens, with or without Ben missing any time.

I concur....the Bus really wore down defenses and kept their defense off the field....

I don't know FWP can do that...even with the help of Hayne..plus Staley is running flat footed...I think the defense will be exposed more this year..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur....the Bus really wore down defenses and kept their defense off the field....

I don't know FWP can do that...even with the help of Hayne..plus Staley is running flat footed...I think the defense will be exposed more this year..

Good points on the running backs, Bettis will definitely be missed. Parker & Haynes are good running backs, but, none can close out games like Bettis could. Cowher's statements yesterday were that Staley might not even be suiting up in the games, either he or Cobbs will be de-activated on gamedays. My guess is that more than not, that person will be Staley. As for the defense comment, I see know reason the Steelers defense would take a step back this year. They are pretty solid throughout, but, who knows, that is why they play the games.....

Edited by Menudo

i would agree with this statement if this was a few years ago with chad scott, dewayne washington, brent alexander and mike logan in the secondary.. when we failed just once to get pressure on the qb those guys were toast. ive seen enough of this defense to realize that they are the real deal. every aspect of that defense is solid.. after years of waiting, we finally have a good secondary. when the offense was down before, the defense is what has won us those games.

i would agree with this statement if this was a few years ago with chad scott, dewayne washington, brent alexander and mike logan in the secondary.. when we failed just once to get pressure on the qb those guys were toast. ive seen enough of this defense to realize that they are the real deal. every aspect of that defense is solid.. after years of waiting, we finally have a good secondary. when the offense was down before, the defense is what has won us those games.

A good and deep secondary, it truly has been a long time since we've had that. In a few years, our secondary will be Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, Anthony Smith, and Troy Polamalu, which I think will turn out to be their best group ever. ...... Can't wait til Thursday.... :D

A good and deep secondary, it truly has been a long time since we've had that. In a few years, our secondary will be Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, Anthony Smith, and Troy Polamalu, which I think will turn out to be their best group ever. ...... Can't wait til Thursday.... :D

smith looks like a monster.. he will be fun to watch with troy at safety.. i have already heard that he may be starting later this season depending on clark. mcfadden could already be starting, but deshea is doing just fine ahead of him. we pretty much know what we have in troy and ike. it will be a bonus if coke can pan out.

There may be worse backups, but Batch is their only backup. Pittsburg only kept 2 QBs, even with Jacobs on the practice squad, that is mighty thin.

VERY, VERY true. That is my biggest concern if Ben misses any significant time. Word is that the Steelers will bring in a veteran QB. Hate to say it, but, it will probably be Tommy Maddox for this game, because he is the only one that knows the offense well enough to come in immediately. Is Brian St. Pierre on anyone's roster..... :D It doesn't seem that Cowher is confident enough in Omar Jacobs, who was signed to the practice squad to serve as the backup yet.

I hear Jeff George is available.........