[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice please

d-dub

Should I trade Portis for R. Moss straight up?

I am in a 10 team keeper league that allows the TE to used as a flex player as a WR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. I am looking to strengthen my wide receivers and wondering if I should trade Portis for Moss. I am very skeptical because I have James and Westbrook as my other viable RB options and James didn't really look like James this past week.

My current roster:

QB - E. Manning, K. Warner, M. Leinart

RB - E. James, C. Portis, B. Westbrook, L. Maroney, TJ Duckett

WR - H. Ward, L. Coles, A. Gates (flex), S. Parker, B. Edwards, R. Caldwell

K - J. Elam

DEF - Seattle

I won in dominating fashion this week so I am really trying to determine if this trade will help me or hurt me in the long run. :D

Not at this point in time. Until Oak figures out how to protect their QB (whom ever it might be) and give Moss time to get to his deeper routes he will not be an impact player. There are only so many of those short passes that Moss will catch, he doesn't like getting hit (does anyone) full on. I think he will have some value if Oak is able to stabilize their line and give him time to run his normal routes, but that is too much of a gamble at this point in time. Portis is too much anyway, he's a top 5 RB, if you really want Moss you should be able to get him for a lot less than Portis.