[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy McMichael?

I took a little longer than I initially planned to pick up a TE in my league and ended up picking McMichael thinking that C-Pepp's presence would improve his red zone chances. After a week, I'm wondering BIG TIME if he's going to get looks or scores this year. Even knowing that he had another pair of catches and probably 30-40 yards taken away by penalties last week, should I start scouring for an upgrade at TE? This is a small league, so anything but a Top 8-10 TE is asking for problems. I think I have some depth at WR that would entice other owners. Here's my roster. We are limited to a max at each position of 4 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 QB's, 2 DEF, 2 K, 2 TE. My current lineup:

QB - Palmer, Warner, Kitna

RB - Ronnie Brown, Gore, Dillon, C Taylor

WR - C Johnson, T Holt, D Branch, Reggie Brown, Troy Williamson

TE - McMichael

K - Rackers

DEF - Chicago, Seattle

Sure, shop away.

McMichael should be as good as anyone on your waver wire I'm sure. There are only a few that are worth giving up something in return. Gates, Heap, Shockey, Gonzo, Miller and Crumpler. TEs after the top guys should only be a few points apart if you look at last years scoring totals.

I took a little longer than I initially planned to pick up a TE in my league and ended up picking McMichael thinking that C-Pepp's presence would improve his red zone chances. After a week, I'm wondering BIG TIME if he's going to get looks or scores this year. Even knowing that he had another pair of catches and probably 30-40 yards taken away by penalties last week, should I start scouring for an upgrade at TE? This is a small league, so anything but a Top 8-10 TE is asking for problems. I think I have some depth at WR that would entice other owners. Here's my roster. We are limited to a max at each position of 4 RB's, 6 WR's, 3 QB's, 2 DEF, 2 K, 2 TE. My current lineup:

QB - Palmer, Warner, Kitna

RB - Ronnie Brown, Gore, Dillon, C Taylor

WR - C Johnson, T Holt, D Branch, Reggie Brown, Troy Williamson

TE - McMichael

K - Rackers

DEF - Chicago, Seattle

i have a similar problem (i have a post that's slipped down the advice 1st page)...

nice depth at WR looking to parlay it into an upgrade at TE.

Someone would have to be hurting pretty bad at WR to take Branch/Brown/Williamson to give you an upgrade over McMichael. Randy is still a good TE. Your upgrade potential is pretty low.

i'd sit tight probably unless the teams with Gates, Shockey, Heap or Gonzalez are hurting at RB and/or dying at WR. Even then i would tread lightly with what you give up b/c you have a nice stable of RBs.

I'm considering targeting the guy who grabbed Gonzalez and Crumpler while I was building up RB depth. Would having just Reggie Brown and Troy Williamson on my bench be a dangerous proposition for bye weeks and injury situations? Would it be too much to give up Deion Branch for one of those guys?

I have a GREAT WR combo since we start just 2 guys, but don't know if either reserve is good for any potential problems that would pop up during the season. The owner with Gonzo/Crumpler needs WR help with Steve Smith injured and Nate Burleson as his backup (adding to the potential value of Deion).

I'm considering targeting the guy who grabbed Gonzalez and Crumpler while I was building up RB depth. Would having just Reggie Brown and Troy Williamson on my bench be a dangerous proposition for bye weeks and injury situations? Would it be too much to give up Deion Branch for one of those guys?

I have a GREAT WR combo since we start just 2 guys, but don't know if either reserve is good for any potential problems that would pop up during the season. The owner with Gonzo/Crumpler needs WR help with Steve Smith injured and Nate Burleson as his backup (adding to the potential value of Deion).

if you can get him to take Branch for Gonzo or Crumpler, then sweet.

although imo it's a pretty crappy deal for him b/c i wouldn't want to carry 2 Seattle WRs on my roster.

I could also target a guy with Gates and Ben Watson (now that Deion is gone for good, is Watson a sure-shot Top 5 TE?). He has Darrell Jackson, though, and problems all over the place. Bad QB's, bad RB's, bad WR's, average defense and kicker. I wouldn't even know what to offer he's so bad (his two best players are both Raiders, if that tells you something).

I could also target a guy with Gates and Ben Watson (now that Deion is gone for good, is Watson a sure-shot Top 5 TE?). He has Darrell Jackson, though, and problems all over the place. Bad QB's, bad RB's, bad WR's, average defense and kicker. I wouldn't even know what to offer he's so bad (his two best players are both Raiders, if that tells you something).

i'd probably try Branch for Watson.

that's just me. i'm not high on Branch... injury prone, will take time to fit into Holmgren's scheme, and Hasselbeck distributes pretty well.