[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commisioner Advice

estriz69

I run a league where 2 teams are involved in making a trade. The trade is L. Fitzgerald & D. Rhodes for F.Taylor & Rod Smith. Is this a fair trade? The team that would be getting L. Fitzgerald also has S. Smith and I worry about teams stockpiling players however the team giving Fitz away also has A. Boldin and needs a starting RB pretty badly? Just curious if I should process this trade or put the kybosh on it.

I appreciate anyone's opinion.

There seems to be a lot of these types of questions every year.

In my opinion your role as commissioner is to enforce the rules of the league. Unless there is a rule stating that trades must be equal value for equal value by position, then you can't reject a trade like this.

Trades are made to try and better YOUR team. Someone usually gets the better end of a trade. Ask yourself this question - did it improve both teams at 1 of the positions traded? If the answer is no, then you may have to consult others. If the answer is yes, even slightly, then do nothing but approve. If a trade is totally rediculous - ask a couple of other owners in the league for input if you need it.

My commissioner asked for my input 2 years ago when it was 1 week before the playoffs and an owner tried to trade Edgerrin James away to his friend for Ron Dayne. Obviously this was collusion and rejected after he consulted with me and 2 other owners.

Another consideration is if this is a keeper league. I know friends who will make trades to get rid of players that they can't keep for players that they can keep.

I would allow it.