[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torre to manage the NY Yanks next yr

keggerz

Now that Torre is coming back, I think they should offer Girardi whatever he wants to be bench coach and ready to take over when Torre's contract does run out after next season.

While I agree with the Girardi part, I'm not sure George would have to offer him anything he wants. A normal contract with the possibility of coaching the Yanks in a year or two should suffice.

While I agree with the Girardi part, I'm not sure George would have to offer him anything he wants. A normal contract with the possibility of coaching the Yanks in a year or two should suffice.

I didn't really mean it literally, but he will get managerial oppurtunities (Cubs, Nats) so they would have to overpay him for the job he would be doing for that year or so, like the Redskins with their coordinators.

I didn't really mean it literally, but he will get managerial oppurtunities (Cubs, Nats) so they would have to overpay him for the job he would be doing for that year or so, like the Redskins with their coordinators.

Possibly, but I think Girardi may take a lower paying job with the Yanks as opposed to managing the Cubs or Nats. Tough call but possible.

Now that Torre is coming back, I think they should offer Girardi whatever he wants to be bench coach and ready to take over when Torre's contract does run out after next season.

Possibly, but I think Girardi may take a lower paying job with the Yanks as opposed to managing the Cubs or Nats. Tough call but possible.

I don't think Girardi would accept that offer. I also don't believe that Girardi is the right man for the job. Girardi did great things managing a bunch of kids in Florida who had a $15 million payroll. He managed guys that the casual baseball fan never even heard of. Willingham, Ramirez, Uggla, etc. It takes a different kind of manager to manage a $200 million team. I don't understand why he would even want to be a bench coach for Torre. He's been there, done that, no?

The only former managers that come back to Joe are failed Major League managers like Mazzilli and Larry Bowa. No successful manager in their right mind would take a demotion just to manage the yankees a few years down the road. Girardi will be managing the Cubs IMO, certainly not relaying signs from Joe Torre to 3rd base. Just my .02.

Edited by Cherni