[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I make this trade?

redbbe21

Help. We have standard scoring. My team is 5-1 so I hate messing with success. A guy has offered Chad Johnson to me for Warrick Dunn. We can start 2RB, 2WR, and 1 RB/WR.

My running backs are: LT, Ronnie Brown, Dunn, Addai, C. Perry

My receivers: Moss, Wayne, Jennings, Key Johnson, Reggie Brown

Am I making my team any better?

Should I ask him to throw in C Benson or Barber?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like you have your starting RB's in LT and Brown, so we are talking about that flex position... all things being equal I would almost always choose to start a RB over a WR in a flex position (they pretty much have guaranteed touches each game where WR's are more spotty).

Couple of questions though... which Moss (Randy I presume)?

And do you get points per reception?

Check the other rosters looking for a stud WR who's actually scoring points like a stud receiver just for good measure. I'm disappointed in Chad but just about to try Berrian in the starting lineup up until the MNF/Grossman fiasco.

With RB's not very deep this year, somebody just might be thrilled to give you a WR scoring better than Chad for Dunn. Dunn's such a solid back he could easily be someone's #2 immediately.

If it doesn't work out, go ahead and take a shot at Chad. He could get hot at any minute and even at the worst he's better than Randy Moss right now. Chad's really not a bad trade at all...not at all...just might be able to get even better.

Question for you: What value does Cedric Benson really have?...seriously, I'd like to hear b/c somebody offered him to me in a trade and was surprised I wasn't excited. Now, Marion Barber is definitely a solid #4 RB to me...possibly a low #3 that could be a good bye week guy. I'd take him on my roster in a heartbeat.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you have a flex position...keep Warrick Dunn, LOL.

Edited by Deacon Frost

The only reason I'd want Benson or Barber is that they are eligible to be keepers. We can only keep a player drafted after the 6th round. Right now I only have Addai worth keeping and I might be able to use him later in the year to get a good receiver from someone not making the playoffs. That is the only value right now.