[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would your league be PO'd at this trade?

kwolf68

Two of the top teams in league, different divisions. Team A blowing away his division, Team B in a dogfight in his division.

Team A has load of decent up and down running backs (Ronnie Brown, Lamont Jordan, Travis Henry, Leon Washington, Wali Lundy) and Team A has good receivers (Chad J, Jennings, Berrian, Stallworth, D.Mason, etc.) not to mention the leagues best Tight-End (Gates), best defense (Baltimore), best special teams (Chicago) and oh yea Carson Palmer to lead that crew.

Team B has problems at RunningBack, but has McNabb, some good receivers (R.Brown, Glenn, Andre’Johnson, etc), and solid defense and tight-ends, but overall his team is far from spectacular and his team has been the McNabb/R.Brown/A.Johnson show lately.

Team A has offered team B ANY running back and any receiver not named Stallworth or Johnson for Andre’ Johnson. The prospective deal looks like it will be

Travis Henry or Ronnie Brown + Bernard Berrian + Derrick Mason

For

Andre’ Johnson + Marcus Robinson (yes, injured)

Team A is thinking maybe Henry/Brown + Jennings (Ruvell Martin) + mason may fly better, but Team B wants a proven player for this weekend (Berrian), especially if he acquires Brown on a bye week.

Team A does not care what he is giving up as his bye weeks are over and he has tried to get a surefire #1 receiver to no avail. Team A does not need 5 running backs, However, Team B is vulnerable and acquiring either Brown or Henry + two capable receivers (not spectacular) could be the push needed to get over the top as he has been relying on Jamal Lewis and Maroney to this point.

This deal is excepted to close today at some point. The two owners are both very experienced owners with numerous championships between them, they are also very good friends, and while they do look out for each other they are superfire competitive and only have their own agendas in mind.

Thoughts?

Can you tell me what you think is wrong with this trade? I'm the commissioner for my league, some trades that I don't like I have to let through. WHY,, cause there fair and there's no collusion.

Seems like a good trade for both sides, right…

As you said, "competitive and only have their own agendas in mind"... Thats good. A good trade strengthens both teams,,, IMHO

Edited by daboz