[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agent Forecast

The Waterboy

This week's forecast mentions Wali Lundy as the #1 RB pick. Solid.

But my beef here, is that while almost always well constructed, the FAF for week 8 takes a rather "we told you so" tone when talking about how Lundy was mentioned the week before.

Well technically this is true, but go back to week 7: http://www.thehuddle.com/x6/season/07faf.php and Lundy is buried in the blurb about picking Gado as the number 1.

I absolutely do not fault Paul Sandy for the distortion he must be seeing in his crystal ball, I mean it coulda gone either way last week, and the sentiment about the Texan running game picking up was right on.........but don't pull the "Was mentioned here before" line when Gado was the pick...but it was the hedge, Lundy, who walked away with the cheese.

I waited to see what would happen Sunday instead of picking up LUNDY right off the bat because they were saying Gado WAS #1. After the game everybody jumps back on the Lundy wagon and I lose out on him to a higher WW guy. I still got Gado "just in case" because he did do well in GB when given the chance and before he got hurt. Its not like I lost anything because I dropped M. Robinson SF RB who basically was getting 4 carries a game and 6 yards still scores ZERO points in our system!! There is always one or two RBs who shine after midseason who had little draft power on opening night and its not like the Texans have learned the zone blocking schemes from Denver (o wait, where did Kubiak come from??) I see potential from both with Dayne riding the pine.

PS. How do you go from leading college football rusher to molassess-ass RB so quick?

Picked up Lundy in both my leagues last week. :D He'll be starting for both teams this week too. In a statement I never thought I'd make, I'm starting him over Edge and Ahman Green in one league, and the other I'm hurting at RB with both Ronnie Brown and Kevin Jones on a bye. Lundy's got a great matchup, hopefully it will pan out. On a related note, I read yesterday that Kubiak said this week in regards to Lundy that "He'll be the guy this week and hopefully for a long time to come." Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but my first thought is that it doesn't sound good for the prospects of Domanick Davis playing in the NFL again.

PS. How do you go from leading college football rusher to molassess-ass RB so quick?

From what I remember, despite Dayne's success in college, a lot of pundits didn't think Dayne had the skills to be a good NFL back when he came out of school. Plus he's been in the league for 6 years now, and he never was all that fast to begin with, so I wouldn't say that his downfall happened all that quick. Its probably safe to say the fat man is done. :D

Yeah, the one thing that struck me about the whole Texan's running game up until Lundy:

If it was just the offensive line that was the problem, then how did Domanick Davis rack up so many yards the past few seasons... :D

That being said, Gado last year really showed some nice flashes, I am kind of surprised he hasn't been more effective. Perhaps his knee injury has been holding him back.

But Lundy looks like he's ready to roll...and he makes the Houston O look the same way....