[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fox says Trent Green to start this week.

Randall

From the KC Star

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16022857.htm

“I have a good feel for what Trent has done for this football team,” Edwards said. “He’s won a lot of games. I think the only guy that’s won more games as a quarterback in this organization is Lenny Dawson. Watching his progress the last three weeks, I just feel that it’s his time to play. He’s been practicing for three weeks. It’s not like he hasn’t been practicing.

“At the end, you weigh everything. Trent’s been the quarterback. It’s his job.”

Green wouldn’t answer questions about his return, preferring to wait until his scheduled weekly time today. But, by the account of at least one teammate, Green played in practice as if he never left.

“I don’t think he missed a beat,” wide receiver Eddie Kennison said. “It looked like he went to sleep one day, woke up the next day and was ready to go. He had a good day.

“It’s like riding a bike. You fall off it, you get back on and you keep riding. I don’t think he’s lost a step.”

Gotta love the analogies from Kennison...wouldn't it be more like “It looked like he went into a near coma one day, woke up a month later and was ready to go. He had a good day?

“It’s like riding a bike. Someone whacks you off it with a 2x4, you get back on and you keep riding. I don’t think he’s lost a step?”

I sure hope Herm is right because I have to start him this week. :D

Gotta love the analogies from Kennison...wouldn't it be more like “It looked like he went into a near coma one day, woke up a month later and was ready to go. He had a good day?

“It’s like riding a bike. Someone whacks you off it with a 2x4, you get back on and you keep riding. I don’t think he’s lost a step?”

It's been over 2 months. I don't how how he will react when someone is in his face or the speed of the game. He may have blacked out the whole affair, making it easier.

Gwetting hit with a 2 by 4 is an apt description.

I broke my ankle and was back at work in 2 months, but the head is a lot different. I don't play football either. We'll see.

It's been over 2 months. I don't how how he will react when someone is in his face or the speed of the game. He may have blacked out the whole affair, making it easier.

Gwetting hit with a 2 by 4 is an apt description.

I broke my ankle and was back at work in 2 months, but the head is a lot different. I don't play football either. We'll see.

You know the defense is going to give him a shot, I gotta wonder how he responds when somebody rattles his cage again. Honestly, seeing that hit on replay I didn't think he'd ever play again.

Wait a minute, that's not kool-aid. What the hell is that...

:D Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

:bash:

My other choice is Garrard. :D

So you're bashing Herm and his decision...yet starting Green anyway? :clap::bash:

Herm has been watching Trent in practice for 3 weeks chomping at the bit to get him back onto the field. This is just what the doctor ordered for this football team :D

So you're bashing Herm and his decision...yet starting Green anyway? :clap::bash:

Herm has been watching Trent in practice for 3 weeks chomping at the bit to get him back onto the field. This is just what the doctor ordered for this football team :D

If I have to chose between him & Garrard I want Huard, but Herm isn't giving me that choice. :D

If I have to chose between him & Garrard I want Huard, but Herm isn't giving me that choice. :D

You'll change that thinking after he has a good game and then embarasses Chump Bailey :D

You know the defense is going to give him a shot, I gotta wonder how he responds when somebody rattles his cage again. Honestly, seeing that hit on replay I didn't think he'd ever play again.

My other choice is Garrard. :D

I wondered too. He could have retired but chose to play again. I don't know what I would do in the same situation.

He probably still doesn't either. :D

You may be right. They probably don't want to start him against Denver next week so want to get him some game expreience. I would think they would have tested him under pressure as much as they can. That said I wouldn't have played him yet.

If he's shaky early they may take him out.

Gezz, I'm not even a Chiefs fan and I could tell you that Trent Green gives them a better chance to win than Damon Huard.

:D Oh my goodness.....someone with a brain on here :D

Mort said Trent wanted to start 2 weeks ago but doctors wwere too nervous to sign off on it. Edwards said his look in practices those weeks cemented his decision to give him back the job.

Edwards' statements don't back up that statement imo.